Hairston Called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hairston Called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mrkrab2003 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:45 pm

hudson on fire still! Looks like I was right!
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:26 am

Batting .259 with 7 HR. So not close to right. You going to resurrect this thread everytme Hudson has a close to respectful game? Sorry, you're only showing your ignorance by thinking that Hudson is anyting more than a bottom tier 2nd baseman. Thanks

hahaha hilarious
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

Postby mrkrab2003 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:11 am

Their is no denying that hudson has been a top 10 2b over the past month. The fact of the matter is you spoke too soon. Let us not forget that 5 of his 7 hrs have come in the past 30 days. Maybe you should do some research before you post.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JakeTrain72 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:05 am

ravenmad22 wrote:Luis Gonzalez and Shawn Green will definetly be trade bait as the season goes on and the D backs fall out of contention. They just don't have enough hitting or starting pitching right now. At that point Hairston might get a job, unless of course they promote Quentin or Young instead.

This is more likely. They probably brought Hairston up to see if he can hack it out there if they were to trade one of these guys. Plus they have depth at OF so they may have been showing him off for everyone else as well in hopes of a packeage deal. Q will be a great OF and they should promote him once a deal is made. I am just hoping it comes around or right after the July 31st deadline not the Aug 31st deadline.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tlsttsk » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:20 am

25/87 14 5 15 1 .287

hudsons last month.

14 runs, 15 rbis, 287 avg, nothin to get excited about, but coming from a team that won like 5 games the past month, not too shabby either
tlsttsk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:29 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Their is no denying that hudson has been a top 10 2b over the past month. The fact of the matter is you spoke too soon. Let us not forget that 5 of his 7 hrs have come in the past 30 days. Maybe you should do some research before you post.

I really don't care how well Hudson hits 1 month and bombs the next. He's weak with the bat and isn't worth fantasy consideration in most leagues, FACT!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mrkrab2003 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:36 pm

You dont know much about fantasy baseball then Havok. Hudson just got off to a slow start due to the fact he had to adjust to the NL. Since then he has been a top 10 2b. The stats dont lie.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:03 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:You dont know much about fantasy baseball then Havok. Hudson just got off to a slow start due to the fact he had to adjust to the NL. Since then he has been a top 10 2b. The stats dont lie.

I know a lot about fantasy baseball and real baseball. Obviously far more than you to keep bringing up this dead thread about the unimportant Hudson. You don't resurrect this thread ever if Hudson goes 0-4 but only when he has a good game. Kinda biased. 9 HR .261 avg is far from great. Obviously the Diamondbacks don't think much of their "top 10 2b" to continuously bat him 8th. If Hudson has been your fantasy 2B you should have drafted better. According to every stat ranking I can find Hudson is anywhere from 21-25 as major league 2B go. He's bottom tier and nothing more at this point. I'm sorry if he's on your fantasy team, or if you're a diehard D'Backs fan, related to Orlando, or Orlando himself. He's nothing special. I believe the original question was if Hairston should be given another chance at 2B for the D'Backs. If he could get his defense down he's be a for sure upgrade and much cheaper. Check out these stats...

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/ ... pid=430668

I'm done replying to this. Notice I'm the only 1 that does on principle only because its a dumb/dead thread and you're wrong.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mrkrab2003 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Name 10 2bs who have better stats than hudson over the past month. He has put up numbers simliar to soriano over this time span. I rest my case. Man this is too easy
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:46 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Name 10 2bs who have better stats than hudson over the past month. He has put up numbers simliar to soriano over this time span. I rest my case. Man this is too easy

anybody can have a hot streak, I sure can name 10 2B better than Hudson

In no particular order

Chase Utley
Alfonso Soriano
Chone Figgins
Felipe Lopez
Rickie Weeks
Jeff Kent
Brian Roberts
Ian Kinsler
Freddy Sanchez
Tad Iguchi
Brandon Phillips
Jose Lopez
Marcus Giles

and the way he's swinging the bat
Mark DeRosa

and there is more, this is just the obvious list.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers