Hairston Called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hairston Called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:03 pm

tlsttsk wrote:considreing im from arizona:

the word before the season wasthey were very happy with his progress and were expecting to groom him to replace gonzo as his career winds down. at least until upton makes his way through the system

id be very suprised to see hudson traded. his bat may not be doin good, but him an counsel are a large reason webb has been so dominate this year

Hairston would not start over Quentin, no way!!! Hairston has been brought up for trade bait, which is easy to see. He is never going to be in the Dbacks plans for the future.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:08 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:
tlsttsk wrote:considreing im from arizona:

the word before the season wasthey were very happy with his progress and were expecting to groom him to replace gonzo as his career winds down. at least until upton makes his way through the system

id be very suprised to see hudson traded. his bat may not be doin good, but him an counsel are a large reason webb has been so dominate this year

Hairston would not start over Quentin, no way!!! Hairston has been brought up for trade bait, which is easy to see. He is never going to be in the Dbacks plans for the future.

Its sad really. This guy reminded a lot of people of Jeff kent when he 1st came up playing 2B.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby mrkrab2003 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:27 pm

Ever hear of a slump(not to mention the adjustment to the pitchers in the NL)? Fact of the matter is Hudson is swinging one of the hottest bats in AZ right now. Plus those 3 hrs have all come in the last month. Also you can chalk up the errors to the adjustment from playing on turf to grass. Hudson isnt going anywhere, he is just adjusting.

You cant judge a player just by his stats, you have to take a look at the bigger picture.

Havok1517 wrote:
Not hard to prove. Hudson currently has a .259 avg 3HR 20RBI. He started the year batting 2nd for the DBacks and has rightfully been shunned to 8th. If his numbers stay the same they are all regressions from his last 3 seasons. Yeah, I'd call that hackish. He also already has 5 errors where he only had 6 the entire season last year.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:37 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Ever hear of a slump? Fact of the matter is Hudson is swinging one of the hottest bats in AZ right now. Plus those 3 hrs have all come in the last month. Also you can chalk up the errors to the adjustment from playing on turf to grass. Hudson isnt going anywhere, he is just adjusting.

Havok1517 wrote:
Not hard to prove. Hudson currently has a .259 avg 3HR 20RBI. He started the year batting 2nd for the DBacks and has rightfully been shunned to 8th. If his numbers stay the same they are all regressions from his last 3 seasons. Yeah, I'd call that hackish. He also already has 5 errors where he only had 6 the entire season last year.

I'm not doubting that he's playing better but I'm also not doubting that his bat isn't as good as Hairston's. We'll see at the end of the year but Hudson has to produce exponentially to even meet his stats of the last few years. He's definitely underachieving so far this season. I'll take the bat over the glove any day. Bad management by the Diamondbacks on this one.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby ravenmad22 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:10 am

Luis Gonzalez and Shawn Green will definetly be trade bait as the season goes on and the D backs fall out of contention. They just don't have enough hitting or starting pitching right now. At that point Hairston might get a job, unless of course they promote Quentin or Young instead.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:27 am

ravenmad22 wrote:Luis Gonzalez and Shawn Green will definetly be trade bait as the season goes on and the D backs fall out of contention. They just don't have enough hitting or starting pitching right now. At that point Hairston might get a job, unless of course they promote Quentin or Young instead.

Well, Hairston has already been promoted. Gonzo has a large contract and a no trade clause, I believe, and will be a FA after this season. Green also has a large contract with a no trade clause and will be a FA after 2007. Maybe Gozo would take a deal to a contender.

2007 Diamondbacks

C: Estrada
1B: Jackson
2B: Hudson :-t (I still it should be Hairston)
SS: Drew
3B: Tracy
LF: Quentin
CF: Young
RF: Green

There has been a rumored deal of Drew & Quentin to Fla for Willis, who knows.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby ravenmad22 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:39 am

Havok1517 wrote:
ravenmad22 wrote:Luis Gonzalez and Shawn Green will definetly be trade bait as the season goes on and the D backs fall out of contention. They just don't have enough hitting or starting pitching right now. At that point Hairston might get a job, unless of course they promote Quentin or Young instead.

Well, Hairston has already been promoted. Gonzo has a large contract and a no trade clause, I believe, and will be a FA after this season. Green also has a large contract with a no trade clause and will be a FA after 2007. Maybe Gozo would take a deal to a contender.

2007 Diamondbacks

C: Estrada
1B: Jackson
2B: Hudson :-t (I still it should be Hairston)
SS: Drew
3B: Tracy
LF: Quentin
CF: Young
RF: Green

There has been a rumored deal of Drew & Quentin to Fla for Willis, who knows.

I think Drew and Quentin for Willis would be insanity for a team that isn't just one player away from competing for a title. Maybe one or the other plus a lesser prospect, but the two together should be able to get someone like Soriano.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:38 am

The D'Backs need pitching not positonal players. Willis has much more value than Soriano would have (him being a FA and all included). They have Webb and maybe Cruz (if he meets his potential) as young top tier pitchers. Nippert is nothing more than a bottom of the rotation guy. They would add the young Willis to the rotation and maybe move Upton back to SS and allow Young to man CF and let Carlos Gonzalez play LF. Its not that bad, not sure if Upton can handle SS anymore though.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mrkrab2003 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:26 pm

No way hairstons bat is better than hudsons. You spoke way too soon on Hudson! hate to say I told you so BUT I DID!
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:43 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:No way hairstons bat is better than hudsons. You spoke way too soon on Hudson! hate to say I told you so BUT I DID!

What are u talking about? Hairston is on the DL and Hudson hasn't done anything with his bat to move him up from one of the bottom 2B in the majors. His numbers still suck. The D'Backs think Hairtson can play OF. Hudson wouldn't even be in the majors if he were an OF. :-t
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers