Hairston Called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hairston Called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Thursday » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Thursday wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I don't know how much worse he could be than Orlando Hudson is with the bat. Hudson has a good glove but Hairston was decent @2B. There is no way he finds time in their OF in the future. Trade Hudson and move Hairston back to 2B? Hudson is Arb. Eligible in 2007-08.

2B? i think you're thinking of Jerry Hairston, 2B for Texas?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/704 ... D0AhOFCLcF ;-D

Well, i'll be a monkey's uncle. I stand corrected.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrkrab2003 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:31 pm

Wow another trade post by havok!

Havok1517 wrote:I don't know how much worse he could be than Orlando Hudson is with the bat. Hudson has a good glove but Hairston was decent @2B. There is no way he finds time in their OF in the future. Trade Hudson and move Hairston back to 2B? Hudson is Arb. Eligible in 2007-08.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:40 pm

acsguitar wrote:Oh Wait

ARIZONA LEFT FIELDER SCOTT HAIRSTON LEFT THE GAME WITH AN APPARENT RIGHT SHOULDER INJURY.

Did no one notice this?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:48 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:Wow another trade post by havok!

Its obvious that, if healthy, Hairston would be an upgrade with the bat. Now the superior glove goes to Orlando, but he hasn't been as good as advertised, thus far. Hairston is cheaper and will be for awhile. Teams like the Cards, Rockies, & Mets may need a guy like Hudson. I think Arizona would do it if the could improve their pitching staff and spend the money saved on a SP. The Jays traded him, why not D'Backs. It makes sense, come again. ;-D
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby mrkrab2003 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:57 pm

Any team would trade any player if it would improve their team. Just gets old seeing all of your blindly speculated trade posts that you post daily. No offense.

[/quote]

Its obvious that, if healthy, Hairston would be an upgrade with the bat. Now the superior glove goes to Orlando, but he hasn't been as good as advertised, thus far. Hairston is cheaper and will be for awhile. Teams like the Cards, Rockies, & Mets may need a guy like Hudson. I think Arizona would do it if the could improve their pitching staff and spend the money saved on a SP. The Jays traded him, why not D'Backs. It makes sense, come again. ;-D[/quote]
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:04 am

Well a couple points that seem to being going unoticed. For one, Hairston isn't a 2B and hasn't been for a few years now. He couldn't hack it with the glove and was moved off to basically exile in OF. He never showed enough for the D'Backs to seriously consider him and I'm not sure much has changed w/ Quentin and Young looming around. The second point being, he was injured and could be out for however long.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:15 am

mrkrab2003 wrote:Any team would trade any player if it would improve their team. Just gets old seeing all of your blindly speculated trade posts that you post daily. No offense.

Its obvious that, if healthy, Hairston would be an upgrade with the bat. Now the superior glove goes to Orlando, but he hasn't been as good as advertised, thus far. Hairston is cheaper and will be for awhile. Teams like the Cards, Rockies, & Mets may need a guy like Hudson. I think Arizona would do it if the could improve their pitching staff and spend the money saved on a SP. The Jays traded him, why not D'Backs. It makes sense, come again. ;-D
[/quote]

Offense taken. Get used to it. Most of my "blind speculation" has documented proof (since I almost always post a link citing the source). This one is simply me factually stating that Hudson isn't apparently as good with the glove as advertised and he's proving to be a hack with the bat. I believe we had this discussion before about Marcus Thames where it was listed on MLB4U.COM that the Braves were once interested in Thames before the cite was updated. I usually have a source and I list a source sorry if that bothers you but everybody I've cited as potential trade candidates are and have been rumored to be so. ;-D
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby tlsttsk » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:49 pm

considreing im from arizona:

the word before the season wasthey were very happy with his progress and were expecting to groom him to replace gonzo as his career winds down. at least until upton makes his way through the system

id be very suprised to see hudson traded. his bat may not be doin good, but him an counsel are a large reason webb has been so dominate this year
tlsttsk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mrkrab2003 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:08 pm

A hack with the bat? Orlando has got a hit in 14 of the past 16 games and is batting over 300 in his past 30 games, not sure you are speaking factually.

This one is simply me factually stating that Hudson isn't apparently as good with the glove as advertised and he's proving to be a hack with the bat.
[/quote]
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:49 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:A hack with the bat? Orlando has got a hit in 14 of the past 16 games and is batting over 300 in his past 30 games, not sure you are speaking factually.

This one is simply me factually stating that Hudson isn't apparently as good with the glove as advertised and he's proving to be a hack with the bat.
[/quote]

Not hard to prove. Hudson currently has a .259 avg 3HR 20RBI. He started the year batting 2nd for the DBacks and has rightfully been shunned to 8th. If his numbers stay the same they are all regressions from his last 3 seasons. Yeah, I'd call that hackish. He also already has 5 errors where he only had 6 the entire season last year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers