Barney and Friends - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Barney and Friends

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barney and Friends

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:59 pm

Now someone please tell me what's up with the Barney and Friends around here :-b Obviously a bet was lost but uh... :-B

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:11 pm

Can't people just like Barney and his friends without being persecuted? :~(

:-b :-b :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Madison wrote:Can't people just like Barney and his friends without being persecuted? :~(

I think they are breaking in the new mods or something
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:28 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Can't people just like Barney and his friends without being persecuted? :~(

I think they are breaking in the new mods or something

Talk about being the low man, geez. :*)

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:21 pm

baseball6971 wrote:Now someone please tell me what's up with the Barney and Friends around here

:-? :-? My daughter told me it was National Barney Month, so I figured I would sport the av and sig to show her I cared. ;-7
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:04 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
baseball6971 wrote:Now someone please tell me what's up with the Barney and Friends around here

:-? :-? My daughter told me it was National Barney Month, so I figured I would sport the av and sig to show her I cared. ;-7

Whatev raiders; tell me, how'd you get stuck with green one?

Although many of the reviews of Barney & Friends have been positive, the show has been the target of a certain degree of controversy. This criticism generally stems from some disagreement in the messages that the show sends children through the situations that it portrays.

For instance, one particular episode made use of the phrase "A stranger is a friend you have not met yet," which some parents may view as sending a dangerous message to their children. Another episode was criticized because a situation in the episode could be interpreted as teaching children that cheating is good. In the episode, the children are involved in a contest where they have to carry a spoon with a peanut on it without dropping it. One child wins by putting peanut butter on his spoon to make the peanut stick, and then he is rewarded for "creative thinking."

Critics have attacked the show for its peer pressure and "group think", saying it encourages children to suppress outward signs of unhappiness rather than deal openly with their feelings.

The show has also been criticized for its lack of educational value. The producers of the show admit this, but only claim that it's "escapist entertainment for young children."

In addition, the show has also been criticized for being excessively sappy and optimistic. Because of this, most viewers over the preschool age find the show tedious to view. The latter gave rise to a phenomenon called Anti-Barney Humor.

The show has also been criticized because many viewers believe Barney teaches children to use magic, instead of real problem solving, to resolve the conflicts that they may be confronted with in everyday life. As a result of this, Barney can be viewed as harmful to the process of social skills development.

Also, some viewers have noted that Barney might teach dangerous activites to children, such as:

Placing boxes and other things on their heads, despite infant mortality rates from this type of thing.
Cooking on a stove without adult supervision, despite child and adult mortality rates increasing from accidents involving fire.
Capturing stinging, posionous insects such as bees without any supervision, despite annual fatalities caused by bee stings.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:20 pm

Hi Kids barney wants you to stick this needle in your arm! Yeaaaaa!! Oh yea barney likes that....Where's my velvet underground cd.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Whatev raiders; tell me, how'd you get stuck with green one?

Although many of the reviews of Barney & Friends have been positive, the show has been the target of a certain degree of controversy. This criticism generally stems from some disagreement in the messages that the show sends children through the situations that it portrays.

For instance, one particular episode made use of the phrase "A stranger is a friend you have not met yet," which some parents may view as sending a dangerous message to their children. Another episode was criticized because a situation in the episode could be interpreted as teaching children that cheating is good. In the episode, the children are involved in a contest where they have to carry a spoon with a peanut on it without dropping it. One child wins by putting peanut butter on his spoon to make the peanut stick, and then he is rewarded for "creative thinking."

Critics have attacked the show for its peer pressure and "group think", saying it encourages children to suppress outward signs of unhappiness rather than deal openly with their feelings.

The show has also been criticized for its lack of educational value. The producers of the show admit this, but only claim that it's "escapist entertainment for young children."

In addition, the show has also been criticized for being excessively sappy and optimistic. Because of this, most viewers over the preschool age find the show tedious to view. The latter gave rise to a phenomenon called Anti-Barney Humor.

The show has also been criticized because many viewers believe Barney teaches children to use magic, instead of real problem solving, to resolve the conflicts that they may be confronted with in everyday life. As a result of this, Barney can be viewed as harmful to the process of social skills development.

Also, some viewers have noted that Barney might teach dangerous activites to children, such as:

Placing boxes and other things on their heads, despite infant mortality rates from this type of thing.
Cooking on a stove without adult supervision, despite child and adult mortality rates increasing from accidents involving fire.
Capturing stinging, posionous insects such as bees without any supervision, despite annual fatalities caused by bee stings.

And the Teletubies are actually discreet Nazi propaganda.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:53 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:

Well isn't that nice! We need more fathers like you! :-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby kentx12 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:19 pm

Im not sure what is up with these 3 sporting the Barney and friends sigs but I can tell you that they sure are CUTE :-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to General Talk