W. Taveras/C. Burke - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

W. Taveras/C. Burke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

W. Taveras/C. Burke

Postby smoovethug » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:05 am

What's going on with this situation, Taveras has only got 1 start in the last 8 games and Burke has been putting up some solid numbers in his place. Is this basically a platoon now? Will Burke continue to have nice value if he gets this kind of playing time?

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby p32bars » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:43 am

Taveras is a candidate to be traded as he is the lesser talented of the two players. Burke is better at the dish and is getting on base a lot. Taveras' main gig is speed but if he isn't getting on, he can't use it. Burke will be taking Biggio's spot next year so he is ready in my opinion to be a full-time starter. His 2B-OF eligibility is nice in Yahoo! as well.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KillaBees800 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:35 pm

p32bars wrote:Taveras is a candidate to be traded as he is the lesser talented of the two players. Burke is better at the dish and is getting on base a lot. Taveras' main gig is speed but if he isn't getting on, he can't use it. Burke will be taking Biggio's spot next year so he is ready in my opinion to be a full-time starter. His 2B-OF eligibility is nice in Yahoo! as well.

As a long-time Astros fan, I can GUARANTEE you that Burke will not be taking Biggio's spot next year. Biggio will play next season so he can reach 3000 hits and retire. At the same time, I don't see them trading Willy. Burke, however, has been getting a lot of attention from other club's scouts... I just hope Astros management is not stupid enough to let him get away. My guess/hope -- Willy is patient enough to split time in the outfield and Burke plays OF/backs-ups Biggio at second one more year when Biggio retires.

I love Willy, but ya can't ignore Burke's talant -- the guy had 3 doubles last night and its the third time he's done it this year in a small amount of time!
KillaBees800
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates