Full Signature Tutorial (Hopefully beginners can follow) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Full Signature Tutorial (Hopefully beginners can follow)

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:make sure you put the player on a transparent canvas. NExt you can use the lasso tool to go along the edge of the player and cut out the bg. Or you can simply use the eraser and erase everything around the player. ;-D

Yeah, personally I use the eraser, zoom in really close and just erase around the guy. But I can't emphasize enough to make sure the background is transparent (gray and white boxes). Another thing I do, is to put the picture of the guy in the sig, and only erase the parts I need to. For example, if I'm doing a sig of a pitcher...don't bother erasing the area around the legs and stuff. Put the pic in your sig, and just erase what's visible. ;-D


this is just killin me.. i have a crappy background.. a pic of carpenter that looks like @%$#.. and i dont know how to get a freakin transparent background.. not sure why it matters... can i do that after i have the pic of my guy on there? i cant figure anythin out.. i dont know how u guys do this
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:27 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:make sure you put the player on a transparent canvas. NExt you can use the lasso tool to go along the edge of the player and cut out the bg. Or you can simply use the eraser and erase everything around the player. ;-D

Yeah, personally I use the eraser, zoom in really close and just erase around the guy. But I can't emphasize enough to make sure the background is transparent (gray and white boxes). Another thing I do, is to put the picture of the guy in the sig, and only erase the parts I need to. For example, if I'm doing a sig of a pitcher...don't bother erasing the area around the legs and stuff. Put the pic in your sig, and just erase what's visible. ;-D


this is just killin me.. i have a crappy background.. a pic of carpenter that looks like @%$#.. and i dont know how to get a freakin transparent background.. not sure why it matters... can i do that after i have the pic of my guy on there? i cant figure anythin out.. i dont know how u guys do this

We all started in the same position as you, keep that in mind. I really recommend checking out the video tutorials, or the tutorials by chargersfan.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:12 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:make sure you put the player on a transparent canvas. NExt you can use the lasso tool to go along the edge of the player and cut out the bg. Or you can simply use the eraser and erase everything around the player. ;-D

Yeah, personally I use the eraser, zoom in really close and just erase around the guy. But I can't emphasize enough to make sure the background is transparent (gray and white boxes). Another thing I do, is to put the picture of the guy in the sig, and only erase the parts I need to. For example, if I'm doing a sig of a pitcher...don't bother erasing the area around the legs and stuff. Put the pic in your sig, and just erase what's visible. ;-D


this is just killin me.. i have a crappy background.. a pic of carpenter that looks like @%$#.. and i dont know how to get a freakin transparent background.. not sure why it matters... can i do that after i have the pic of my guy on there? i cant figure anythin out.. i dont know how u guys do this

We all started in the same position as you, keep that in mind. I really recommend checking out the video tutorials, or the tutorials by chargersfan.


i tried to follow charger fan's.. but since hes using photo shop i dont know where to find the stuff on gimp.. ive looked through the few threads here.. and there arent any video tutorials.. and when i looked online none of them work for me.. are there certain ones you have in mind? appreciate the help btw ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:26 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:make sure you put the player on a transparent canvas. NExt you can use the lasso tool to go along the edge of the player and cut out the bg. Or you can simply use the eraser and erase everything around the player. ;-D

Yeah, personally I use the eraser, zoom in really close and just erase around the guy. But I can't emphasize enough to make sure the background is transparent (gray and white boxes). Another thing I do, is to put the picture of the guy in the sig, and only erase the parts I need to. For example, if I'm doing a sig of a pitcher...don't bother erasing the area around the legs and stuff. Put the pic in your sig, and just erase what's visible. ;-D


this is just killin me.. i have a crappy background.. a pic of carpenter that looks like @%$#.. and i dont know how to get a freakin transparent background.. not sure why it matters... can i do that after i have the pic of my guy on there? i cant figure anythin out.. i dont know how u guys do this

We all started in the same position as you, keep that in mind. I really recommend checking out the video tutorials, or the tutorials by chargersfan.


i tried to follow charger fan's.. but since hes using photo shop i dont know where to find the stuff on gimp.. ive looked the few threads here.. and there arent any video tutorials.. and through when i looked online none of them work for me.. are there certain ones you have in mind? appreciate the help btw ;-D

Well since I haven't used the Gimp, I'm not really sure. Acs has a tutorial in this thread: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=128553

But imo, I think it'd still be worth it to just download the photoshop demo.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:35 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
dem warriors wrote:make sure you put the player on a transparent canvas. NExt you can use the lasso tool to go along the edge of the player and cut out the bg. Or you can simply use the eraser and erase everything around the player. ;-D

Yeah, personally I use the eraser, zoom in really close and just erase around the guy. But I can't emphasize enough to make sure the background is transparent (gray and white boxes). Another thing I do, is to put the picture of the guy in the sig, and only erase the parts I need to. For example, if I'm doing a sig of a pitcher...don't bother erasing the area around the legs and stuff. Put the pic in your sig, and just erase what's visible. ;-D


this is just killin me.. i have a crappy background.. a pic of carpenter that looks like @%$#.. and i dont know how to get a freakin transparent background.. not sure why it matters... can i do that after i have the pic of my guy on there? i cant figure anythin out.. i dont know how u guys do this

We all started in the same position as you, keep that in mind. I really recommend checking out the video tutorials, or the tutorials by chargersfan.


i tried to follow charger fan's.. but since hes using photo shop i dont know where to find the stuff on gimp.. ive looked the few threads here.. and there arent any video tutorials.. and through when i looked online none of them work for me.. are there certain ones you have in mind? appreciate the help btw ;-D

Well since I haven't used the Gimp, I'm not really sure. Acs has a tutorial in this thread: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=128553

But imo, I think it'd still be worth it to just download the photoshop demo.


alrite ill try that tomorrow.. the photoshop..

one quick question.. while i erase the background of the actual picture so only the player is there.. when i want to change the background of the whole sig.. it ends up changing the players face to the thing that i choose... not the actual background..

what do i need to do?

also how do i move the player from his position.. so he goes up more.. or more right etc.. appreciate it.. once again.. these are things ive been trying to find for a long time.. but just cant find it.. so i ended up just askin here.. thank you
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:07 pm

For the background thing, try making a new layer. I'm not sure how you do it in gimp...try going to windows > layers...I don't know if that's even there but it's how you do it in PS. If you can get that to come up, then make a new layer under the player so whatever you do is behind him. Or, you can make a new file and do the background, then copy and paste the play in on top of it.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:30 pm

does anyone know how to blend on gimp? im tryin to blend this.. just like the example.. but i cant figure out what i have to do.. when i pressed blend.. i clicked on the sig.. and it would all just go the colour of the gradient that was chosen before.. if anyone knows please let me know
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mamaxmax » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 am

Hey I great tutorial. I tried it out (I skipped a few steps that I couldn't figure out) and made one with Felix Hernandez, so now I'm wondering how do I get it on to the internet so I can put it in my signature? Thanks.
mamaxmax
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 3
Joined: 6 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby smoovethug » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:04 am

mamaxmax wrote:Hey I great tutorial. I tried it out (I skipped a few steps that I couldn't figure out) and made one with Felix Hernandez, so now I'm wondering how do I get it on to the internet so I can put it in my signature? Thanks.


Upload it to a site like photobucket.com or imageshack.us and post the link between these image tags... [img] [/img]
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8955
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season

Postby mamaxmax » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 am

The problem is that since its on whatever photoshop I have, the file is a ".psd" and none of the sites will let me upload that type of file. Anyone know what to do about this?
mamaxmax
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 3
Joined: 6 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Seattle, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 22:00 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact