Florida Closer Job - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Florida Closer Job

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Florida Closer Job

Postby KillaBees800 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:42 pm

How secure is Borowski's job?? I noticed that Taylor Tankersley has been getting a few chances recently and has been doing well. Are these just times when Borowski is being rested or is this young gun moving in to the role??
KillaBees800
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:52 pm

Girardi has expressed interest in the past that he'd like to give some of his younger guys a shot at closing games as the year goes on, which is why Tankersley and Kensing have been getting some chances at it. I still think that Borowski has a good hold on the job though.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:20 am

Agree w above. Note also that, on Friday, Jobo had pitched three days in a row. Kensing started the ninth inning and Tankersley got the last out. Today, Jobo got the save in a 1-2-3 9th w/ 2 K.

Jobo is doing a servicable job as closer -- I don't think he's actually blown a save yet -- and there's no reason for Girardi to change horses in midstream. Long term is a different story, of course, but I think Jobo will get the lion's share of closing chances for 2006.

Jobo walks too many to be elite but he'll get some Ks, a decent ERA, and should finish the year with 20 to 25 saves, all for the price of a cup of coffee in most fantasy leagues.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates