Angels place OF Erstad on DL with hamstring injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Angels place OF Erstad on DL with hamstring injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Angels place OF Erstad on DL with hamstring injury

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:03 pm

Anaheim Angels center fielder Darin Erstad, who has endured an injury-plagued season for the defending world champions, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a strained right hamstring.

Erstad missed 42 games earlier in the season with tendinitis in the hamstring behind his right knee and aggravated the injury chasing down a double in the eighth inning of Wednesday's game against the Boston Red Sox. He has not played since.

"It's at a point where we have to take a step back," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "For Ersty to take himself out of the line, it's something."

Erstad has played in only 67 games this season, batting .252 with four homers and 17 RBI.

The Angels made a series of other roster moves, recalling infielder Chone Figgins and righthander Brett Miadich from Class AAA Salt Lake of the Pacific Coast League and optioning righthander Kevin Gregg to Salt Lake.

does anyone remember seeing "shawn" on espn? this kid can jet. anyone in deep leauges should give this kid a try, i think he stole 2 or 3 in his first game with the halos
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:13 pm

Thanks for the update. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bukoski77 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:18 pm

I gave Erstad his final goodbye on a team of mine yeserday. I suffered through his malarky long enough. I have one more on the list of players that will never be drafted againe bye me. I never wish a player gets hurt, but it feels a little better knowing no one in my league is going to use a waiver claim and pick him up just before a hot streak.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:39 pm

Madison wrote:Thanks for the update. ;-D

anytime ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter