Anyone watching Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone watching Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone watching Winky Wright and Jermain Taylor?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:56 pm

anyone watchin the fight tonight?? i got my money on winky ;-) figuratively speaking of course....

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:44 am

guess not...winky got robbed!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:45 am

Didn't see it, but I'll catch the highlights on Sportscenter most likely. Recap? :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:59 am

it was just a long battle of 2 different styles of fighters...wright the defender/jabber waitin for his shots, and taylor who was the aggressor, wild swingin atheltic fighter....except he couldnt really land anything. wright kept giving him the jab. all and all a very good fight, went the distance, no knockdowns. wright was ahead but played run away in the 12th and lost the round to taylor to even the cards up. 1 card had taylor 115-113, one had taylor 115-113 and the last was a 114-114 draw....dissapointing ending

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:12 am

Snakes Gould wrote:it was just a long battle of 2 different styles of fighters...wright the defender/jabber waitin for his shots, and taylor who was the aggressor, wild swingin atheltic fighter....except he couldnt really land anything. wright kept giving him the jab. all and all a very good fight, went the distance, no knockdowns. wright was ahead but played run away in the 12th and lost the round to taylor to even the cards up. 1 card had taylor 115-113, one had taylor 115-113 and the last was a 114-114 draw....dissapointing ending

A draw? Why am I not surprised? I don't watch a ton of boxing (was a huge Mike Tyson fan back in the day) because it seems to be all politics now, setting up for rematches, etc.

Sounds like this one was a good fight though, and you know there will be a rematch. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:17 am

Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:it was just a long battle of 2 different styles of fighters...wright the defender/jabber waitin for his shots, and taylor who was the aggressor, wild swingin atheltic fighter....except he couldnt really land anything. wright kept giving him the jab. all and all a very good fight, went the distance, no knockdowns. wright was ahead but played run away in the 12th and lost the round to taylor to even the cards up. 1 card had taylor 115-113, one had taylor 115-113 and the last was a 114-114 draw....dissapointing ending

A draw? Why am I not surprised? I don't watch a ton of boxing (was a huge Mike Tyson fan back in the day) because it seems to be all politics now, setting up for rematches, etc.

Sounds like this one was a good fight though, and you know there will be a rematch. ;-D

thats what jermain taylor was syain but winky said he didnt want one. he said he knew he beat him, so why does he have to do it again and give jermaine more money. he said there's bigger and better fights for him ;-7

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:54 am

I watched most of it...fell asleep in my recliner around the 6th round...I thought Taylor was hanging in there but Wright is the superior fighter.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby perlick29 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:11 am

I saw the fight when it happened and had it a draw myself. The commentators were saying that it was a good fight because there was more offense than expected. But most of it was Wright blocking Taylor's power punches so there wasn't much that got through to make impacts. The swelling that shut Taylor's eye was the direct result of a head butt so I'm glad that didn't affect the judges. Overall the fight was decent but Wright is making WAY too much out of it thinking he got the shaft. It was an even fight and dont worry there will be a Taylor Winky II.

I should state that I do love boxing without the scandals and all this stuff. When the two guys actually get in the ring is when I start watching the coverage rather than all the hype that comes before a big fight. The Tarver/Hopkins fight was pretty good once they got in the ring.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk