Liriano for Cy Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Liriano for Cy Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby giants! » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:18 pm

Mashug wrote:Liriano for Cy Young? I'd make that trade. Cy Young is dead. Seriously, if the season ends now he's the man.

Sweet Joke.

Right now Id rank them
Liriano
Verlander
Papelbon
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spacehamster01 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:06 pm

My top 8 ranked in order to win the AL Cy Young, if it ended at this moment

Liriano
Verlander
Papelbon
Santana
Halladay
Lackey
Kazmir
Mussina
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 pm

At this point in the season nobody can say that Liriano isnt the Cy young, his numbers are just head and shoulders above everyone elses.

(maybe not paps, but closers rarely win)
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby rob0417 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:29 pm

Liriano is clearly the best pitcher in baseball right now. Papelbon has been great but there is no way the Cy Young or ROY is going to a closer when, there are starting pitchers having dominant seasons. Liriano and Verlander are both way ahead of Paps for both awards.

What about Liriano's chances of winning the MVP. Minn has really turned their season around, since he was put into the rotation. If he stays on this pace, and wins over 20 he might have a shot.

Has there everbeen a Cy Young winner who started the season, in the bullpen (besides closers), I am sure there had to be one I just can't think of who.
rob0417
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:12 pm

rob0417 wrote:Liriano is clearly the best pitcher in baseball right now. Papelbon has been great but there is no way the Cy Young or ROY is going to a closer when, there are starting pitchers having dominant seasons. Liriano and Verlander are both way ahead of Paps for both awards.

What about Liriano's chances of winning the MVP. Minn has really turned their season around, since he was put into the rotation. If he stays on this pace, and wins over 20 he might have a shot.

Has there everbeen a Cy Young winner who started the season, in the bullpen (besides closers), I am sure there had to be one I just can't think of who.

Dean Chance in 64 started his first two games, relieved in the next 8, and them started nearly all his remaining games. So, similar...
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers