Pushing Hard to get to the Top, WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Pushing Hard to get to the Top, WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jmlevy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:57 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I think your surge in the standings can be attributed to surges from Wright, Cantu, Rolen, Helton, and Abreu.

I dont think i could agree with this statement more...took the words right from my mouth. Wright, Rolen, and Helton have been on fire over the last week and a half. And if you need help in HR and RBIs, now might be the time to trade Abreu, helton, and/or rolen...
They are all good players, but they have been either underperforming(abreu and helton (up until 3 weeks ago)) or overperforming(you can argue for the ageless scott rolen). These are big name players and you can find a good trade if you look for the right guys to replace them. I would say go out and look for a player like sizemore...solid, young, and can contribute in all cats. as far as pitching, i like your starters. you have 3 solid closers, but there is no need for that many setup men, especially if you arent counting holds. gagne is out for the season, move sheets to ur DL spot and add a recently hot SP for him. look for someone like bedard or ervin santana... i think either you should drop either accardo or sanchez and try to pick up a closer(macdougal, guardado, julio, etc) and find a team that is in need of a closer and try to package abreu(or rolen), hamels, and the recently acquired closer for a solid OF bat, and a respectable starter. you can play around with trades, but make sure that you come out on top before you make the deal

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=225288
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ReddawgT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:34 pm

Trades that i've made this year so far...

- Todd Walker for Jeff Kent
- Doug Davis & Tori Hunter for David Wright
- Cole Hamels & Brandon Phillips for Jake Peavy

...with my league's trade deadline looming close should I consider trying to get a few more trades through? and if so what position would you upgrade?

C - B. McCann
1B - T. Helton
2B - J. Cantu
3B - S. Rolen
SS - M. Young
IF - J. Lugo
OF - B. Abreu
OF - C. Lee
OF - C. Floyd
UTIL - D. Wright

Bench - J. Kent, J. Varitek

SP - R. Oswalt, J. Smoltz, D. Haren, J. Peavy, B. Sheets (DL), Jer. Weaver, A. Reyes, J. Lester, D. Bush
RP - B. Wagner, A. Benitez, A. Otsuka, M. MacDougal
ReddawgT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:44 pm

I think that Floyd and Young would be good to package together...
They are both big name players who have been rather disappointing so far this season. I would ask for an OF/2B player. Soriano is obviously the first to come to mind, but he is hard to get. Chone Figgins is the next best, and I recommend you push hard to get him while he's to be had for cheap
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby sportsfan1433 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:00 pm

jmlevy wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I think your surge in the standings can be attributed to surges from Wright, Cantu, Rolen, Helton, and Abreu.

I dont think i could agree with this statement more...took the words right from my mouth. Wright, Rolen, and Helton have been on fire over the last week and a half. And if you need help in HR and RBIs, now might be the time to trade Abreu, helton, and/or rolen...
They are all good players, but they have been either underperforming(abreu and helton (up until 3 weeks ago)) or overperforming(you can argue for the ageless scott rolen). These are big name players and you can find a good trade if you look for the right guys to replace them. I would say go out and look for a player like sizemore...solid, young, and can contribute in all cats. as far as pitching, i like your starters. you have 3 solid closers, but there is no need for that many setup men, especially if you arent counting holds. gagne is out for the season, move sheets to ur DL spot and add a recently hot SP for him. look for someone like bedard or ervin santana... i think either you should drop either accardo or sanchez and try to pick up a closer(macdougal, guardado, julio, etc) and find a team that is in need of a closer and try to package abreu(or rolen), hamels, and the recently acquired closer for a solid OF bat, and a respectable starter. you can play around with trades, but make sure that you come out on top before you make the deal

nice. agree, thanks for the help
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsfan1433 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:00 pm

jmlevy wrote:

nice. agree, thanks for the help
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team