Pushing Hard to get to the Top, WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Pushing Hard to get to the Top, WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pushing Hard to get to the Top, WHIR!

Postby ReddawgT » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:25 pm

**NOTE** Please check last post as it has my current lineup, thanks in advance!

At the beginning of last week I was sitting in 9th place and have since pushed myself up to 5th place this week in a standard 5x5 rotoleague. Can you let me know what you think I should improve? and like always I will respond in kind if you answer. ;-D

(My Team - Current Points: 67)
C - J. Varitek
1B - T. Helton
2B - J. Cantu
3B - S. Rolen
SS - M. Young
IF - J. Kent (rotates with J. Lugo here)
OF - B. Abreu
OF - C. Lee
OF - S. Green (platoon here with Alou)
UTIL - D. Wright

Bench - J. Lugo, Alou, B. Phillips

(Have 2 SP spots, 2 RP spots and 3 P slots that can be utilized per day.)
SP - R. Oswalt, D. Haren, J. Smoltz, C. Hamels, Jer. Weaver (thinking of holding onto him because he has to come back up right?), B. Sheets (hopefully he returns....)
RP - B. Wagner, A. Otsuka, A. Benitez, D. Sanchez, J. Accardo, E. Gagne (hope he comes back....)

...and to give a little insight here is what the 1st place team in my league looks like at the moment.

(1st Place Team - Current Points: 92.5)
C - I. Rod
1B - P. Konerko
2B - M. Giles
3B - C. Jones
SS - O. Cabrera
IF - D. Ortiz
OF - I. Suzuki
OF - V. Guerrero
OF - C. Beltran
UTIL - M. Teixeira

Bench - G. Atkins, C. Crisp, Jh. Peralta, C. Floyd

SP - F. Liriano, C. Sabathia, J. Verlander, C. Zambrano, R. Harden, D. Lowe, M. Prior
RP - M. Gonzalez, J. Julio, R. Soriano, K. Ray, S. Camp
Last edited by ReddawgT on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReddawgT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:13 pm

both teams look pretty solid. i think you should really stay put on both of them excpet on the second team giles and lowe are alright buti think you can upgrade at those positions. other than that looks good. thanks for your help on mine.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jroll11 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:05 pm

ur team does look pretty good. i hav abreu on my team and hes kinda killin me now. if i were u id get rid of gagne. i dont think he is worth the wait and u already hav a pretty good closer in wagner (even though i hate him). compared to the other team. i would say ur lineups are about even. he beats u in starting pitching but i think u got him in relief
jroll11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:25 pm

I think your surge in the standings can be attributed to surges from Wright, Cantu, Rolen, Helton, and Abreu.

Right now, I think your starting pitching is thin, but I understand that's a strategy with some roto owners in trying to eat innings later. You have three quality starters in Oswalt, Smoltz, and Haren. Hamels will go through growing pains, as he'll struggle over his control and adjusting to pitching at Citizens Bank Park. Jered Weaver could be called up some time later, but as of now, you'll have to assume that there isn't a hitch in the Angels' rotation when Colon returns. He's worth holding onto if you can burn the roster spot. Sheets is nothing short of an enigma.

However, I would sit tight on your pitching problems and see if your offense can keep gaining in the offensive categories.

As for the 1st place team, I can tell you that he's deep offensively. Top-notch OF, two additional mashers in Konerko and Papi. Once Tex explodes, and the same for Peralta, that offense could carry him aloft to top 3 in 4 of 5 hitting categories. Ichiro and Beltran, with some traces here and there by Vlad and Giles, are supplying good speed for him. I think he's stashing offensive depth in order to make a move to gain ground in saves. Zambrano, Sabathia, Liriano, and Verlander are getting it done for him in SP, even better if Prior returns strongly, but will have to assume life without Prior and Harden down the road though.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby sportsfan1433 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. You have a good team but i would get rit of gagne. That's pretty much it.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mamiemell » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:16 pm

Your weakest spot is the S.Gree/M.Alou spot in your lineup. I would try to package one or both of them with Gagne for a better outfielder (like a A.Dunn/M.Ordonez/A.Rio type). Then I'd just sit back and enjoy - your team is already very solid. Thanks for your help with mine.
mamiemell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ashfleeburgooben » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:23 pm

Alou and Green are the first two that I noticed. Like others have said, I think your starting pitchers are where you need the biggest boost, but I would look to see if there is even anything on the waiver wire that might be an upgrade for these two. Both are decent, and maybe you could even swing a two for one deal for them to upgrade your outfield position?

Just a couple thoughts...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=218465
Ashfleeburgooben Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ReddawgT » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:01 am

Just a revisit to here since its been a few weeks and my lineup has changed slightly, as before I will happily return any help given.... ;-D

C - J. Varitek
1B - T. Helton
2B - J. Cantu
3B - S. Rolen
SS - M. Young
IF - J.Lugo (he's on fire lately)
OF - B. Abreu
OF - C. Lee
OF - S. Green
UTIL - D. Wright

Bench - J. Kent (has been injury plagued, thinking about the next time he gets healthy and after a few games to maybe trade him?), B. McCann (currently using him to regain some games i've losted in the catcher slot, sitting at -13 games used heh), B. Phillips (suprised at his performance, but he does seem to be pretty solid this year)

(Have 2 SP spots, 2 RP spots and 3 P slots that can be utilized per day.)
SP - R. Oswalt, D. Haren, J. Smoltz, Jer. Weaver, J. Lester, D. Bush, C. Hamels, A. Reyes, B. Sheets (return is imminent?)
RP - B. Wagner, A. Otsuka, A. Benitez, J. Sosa (this guy is sort of like a puzzle, can't figure out if he is going to get anymore work as the Atlanta closer, or if it is time to drop him and scoop up K. Ray or A. Burgos)

So, since the last time I have posted my offense has helped to propel me to a degree into a better position in those categories, while my pitching seems to be slowly creeping up in the standings. My biggest question mark at the moment would be the category of HR's in my league where I am currently just receiving "1" point out of a possible "10". (Roto League 5x5)

I know you guys previously told me my weak spot was the S. Green / Alou combo and since then i've jettisoned Alou due to his chronic injuries. So I was looking at my waiver wire for OF a bit and here is what is out there at the moment...

G. Matthews Jr, E. Byrnes, J. Jones, M. Cameron, M. Thames (been looking at him for a bit, but can he keep up his pace...?), J. Encarnacion, T. Nixon

For my pitching still trying to figure out if Hamels will turn his ship upwards again this season...thankfully I do have some time to let him sit on my bench.
ReddawgT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby waltb87 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:14 pm

C - J. Varitek
1B - T. Helton
2B - J. Cantu
3B - S. Rolen
SS - M. Young
IF - J. Kent (rotates with J. Lugo here)
OF - B. Abreu
OF - C. Lee
OF - S. Green (platoon here with Alou)
UTIL - D. Wright

Bench - G. Atkins, C. Crisp, Jh. Peralta, C. Floyd

abreu hasnt been doing that good as of late, so maybe you can use him as trade bait to pick up a OF that is doing good as of late. you could afford to trade Abreu. Hes getting some hits and some RBIs here and there but he really isnt helping out your team that much. Jeff Kent seems to always get hurt so i would look into putting some trade packages together w/ alou, green, abreu, and crisp. But if you cant get any trades w/ these guys i would just try to find some by FA.
waltb87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mreater71 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:37 pm

You definately do have a solid team. Out of the outfielders that u are looking at, I would pick either Matthews Jr. or Thames. Nixon is also a good consistent player that can give descent numbers offensively such as hits, and rbi's (batting up after Ortiz and Ramirez, who both usually get on base if their not bashing homeruns), but I have the strongest feeling about Thames continuing his pace. I would dump Gagne, I really don't think he will come back this year and if he does, it will be short.
Mreater71
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team