NO!!!!!!!!! Weaver officially sent back to minors!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

NO!!!!!!!!! Weaver officially sent back to minors!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:34 pm

As mentioned in the other thread about Weaver getting sent down, the rumor mill is buzzing right now. Some people have gone so far as to say it's a done deal once the Angels are sure that Colon is healthy.

LAA get Carl Crawford
TB gets Ervin Santana and either Brandon Wood or Howie Kendrick

I love this deal for both sides and it would definitely mean a call-up for Weaver again if it happens.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdsun1 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:48 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:As mentioned in the other thread about Weaver getting sent down, the rumor mill is buzzing right now. Some people have gone so far as to say it's a done deal once the Angels are sure that Colon is healthy.

LAA get Carl Crawford
TB gets Ervin Santana and either Brandon Wood or Howie Kendrick

I love this deal for both sides and it would definitely mean a call-up for Weaver again if it happens.

I think that the Santana and Wood deal is good for both teams.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:57 pm

I'm guessing it would be Wood. The Angels have McPherson who could be good someday, but they don't really have a another young 2b to take over for Kennedy.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jroll11 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:17 pm

that is freakin ridiculous. why would they send him back down. guy is 4-0 with a 1.37 era. and its not lik he played crappy teams. ill give you the royals but the devil rays indians n orioles are all pretty good hitting teams.
jroll11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:19 pm

jroll11 wrote:that is freakin ridiculous. why would they send him back down. guy is 4-0 with a 1.37 era. and its not lik he played crappy teams. ill give you the royals but the devil rays indians n orioles are all pretty good hitting teams.

I guess they seem to have a policy of vets over rookies. Once they trade one of their pitchers for a bat, I'm sure Jered would be recalled.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jroll11 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:22 pm

that is true. but comon. you are last in ur divison. and right now i would say that he is their best pitcher.
jroll11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:27 pm

jroll11 wrote:that is true. but comon. you are last in ur divison. and right now i would say that he is their best pitcher.

There's also the part about money. All those vets earn more money than Jered. Jered probably only makes min. wage which is about 300K. Colon? At least, I'm guessing 5 mil. (Anybody have his the amount he's earning?) Or how about the other starters? They're all earning more than Jered is. The best and easiest thing for Jered to return to pitch is if the Angels trade one of their starters.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:54 pm

The Angels have pretty deep pockets and the pitcher rumored to be traded, Santana, isn't a huge salary guy. The ANgels aren't the yankees by any stretch, but they draw about 3 million a year in attendance and are in a good TV market, so they ain't hurting for $.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guzman24 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:36 pm

ivanhack wrote:Hold on to Weaver and see what happens. That's what I'm doing.

Colon & Escobar are injury prone and there are rumors that the Angels are shopping Ervin Santana.

How can you call Colon injury prone? He's been a horse and pitched 200 plus innings the last 3 years.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby powenM » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:11 pm

Actually Espn mentioned today that it was a case of the Angels wanting to move Jeff Weaver & by allowing him to start he'll be able to work out his kinks & get it back together.
2 probs with that though:

Jeff has never been a great SP & sec'dly why not let him do it in the bullpen - ie ...long relief. Very poor decision.

Lets just hope they dont hurt this kids confidence with this move.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates