Better Tiger Prospect??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Better Tiger Prospect???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Better Tiger Prospect???

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:57 am

Jordan Tata (24)? or Wilfredo Ledezma (25)?

I think both of these guys are better than Minor and one will eventually take over the starting gig from Rogers. I'm just not sure who is the better pitcher between the 2? Can anybody give me a scouting report on the 2 and give a fantasy analysis as well??? Thanks
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:15 pm

I think they are about equal in terms of upside, but Ledezma has an injury history, and thus has been very erratic over his pro career. I think he will settle into the bullpen ultimately given his durability problems. Tata seems to be a relatively safe pick (as far as pitchers go anyways) to be a future #3 or #4 caliber starter, but don't expect tons of strikeouts. Does not have the durability problems so far that Ledezma has. I don't think either one has huge potential in your average 12 team league, but if I had to pick between the two for a deeper league (or an AL only league) I would go for Tata given that Ledezma carries much greater risk.

Also the Tigers will probably have to part with young pitching if they want to upgrade the offense and add another hitter, and Ledezma and Tata would probably be among the names that are talked about.

Hopefully someone else here can add something if more needs to be said.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:42 pm

I can't add anything more than what mcqfesijiba already said about Tata and Ledezma but if I was looking for a Tigers pitching prospect to add to my minor league roster it would be Humberto Sanchez.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Detroit Tigers