Need help ASAP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Need help ASAP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:26 pm

...and brought to you by Xanax Salad Sprinkles. Anti-anxiety medication in condiment form. Got a tough lunch meeting coming up? Take Xanax Salad Sprinkles to give you that air of supreme indifference that says "winner". And they're low calorie. Available in your grocer's pharmacy section.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:26 pm

acsguitar wrote:Ok here is Karma for you.

This hot girl who was a sophmore and that I made out with asked me to take her to prom.

I was like aight.

Then I decided to ask another girl who I also made out with and then dumped the hotter girl. I'm not sure why I was probably on the marijuana.

Anyways on the day of the prom the girl got grounded for selling weed or something.

I went by myself and smoked cigars with the principle..But I hated highschool.

Prom was lame.

The End..

Dude, that's a memory that'll last a lifetime...

My prom sucked too. Drunk girl puking in my car...before passing out and then having the cops pull up...and me being forced to turn myself in (blew a 0.00 though)...oh did I mention that a bunch of the girls got kicked out for drinking at prom, too?...so I stayed at prom for 15 minutes?

Anyway, back to teh topic. I think prom would've been a lot of fun had I stayed and I also think that you'd have fun there. However, since you don't want to go, I would recommend doing something on prom night on a whole. It's just ONE MORE NIGHT...just go have a good time and sleep later on. Energy drinks will do the trick but have a big meal before drinking them.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:13 pm

I see I forgot to include one little detail...

I have some chronic sickness (I'm not 100% on the name of it though) that doesn't bode well in these situations.

Basically, this thing I have causes my stomach/intestional area to feel like it's being stabbed several times a day (before I get pills on it). This thing also causes a bit of fatigue (like in this issue), I don't get 100% of the nutrients I ingest (most of them, but not all). I'll also go through things like headaches (every once in a while), feverish feelings, etc.

I am taking pills now to neutralize it, but it will flare up again every so often. It is not curable (chronic) and no one knows how this thing gets into one's body. I had to take a new pill last week, but it caused too many flare-ups so I'm off the pills...the effects of that pill are just getting out of my system now. As for this chronic thing, it's not too bad now, but it comes back unexpectedly.

So yes, I still could go on the cruise if I want, but what I just described makes it a risk -the last few times I've been out past 2-3am (and woke up at 6:30am or earlier like I did today), I usually sat out the next few days with a cold/fever/stomach virus/etc.. I'm not real big on Prom since I have been looking forward to college for a while. The cruise isn't going to be something that changes my life or anything like that - in fact, I would want to go, but I don't feel up for it being-wise at the moment. It's not just my friends on the cruise though (not part of our school's prom)...people from other places go, and so are these annoying people I sometimes want to jump ship from.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:15 pm

honestly due whatever the hell you feel is right. who cares what anyone else says/thinks.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:22 pm

DaQ wrote:I see I forgot to include one little detail...

I have some chronic sickness (I'm not 100% on the name of it though) that doesn't bode well in these situations.

Basically, this thing I have causes my stomach/intestional area to feel like it's being stabbed several times a day (before I get pills on it). This thing also causes a bit of fatigue (like in this issue), I don't get 100% of the nutrients I ingest (most of them, but not all). I'll also go through things like headaches (every once in a while), feverish feelings, etc.

I am taking pills now to neutralize it, but it will flare up again every so often. It is not curable (chronic) and no one knows how this thing gets into one's body. I had to take a new pill last week, but it caused too many flare-ups so I'm off the pills...the effects of that pill are just getting out of my system now. As for this chronic thing, it's not too bad now, but it comes back unexpectedly.

So yes, I still could go on the cruise if I want, but what I just described makes it a risk -the last few times I've been out past 2-3am (and woke up at 6:30am or earlier like I did today), I usually sat out the next few days with a cold/fever/stomach virus/etc.. I'm not real big on Prom since I have been looking forward to college for a while. The cruise isn't going to be something that changes my life or anything like that - in fact, I would want to go, but I don't feel up for it being-wise at the moment. It's not just my friends on the cruise though (not part of our school's prom)...people from other places go, and so are these annoying people I sometimes want to jump ship from.

Why are you coming to an internet forum for this type of advice. I would think that one of the following could give slightly better advice:

A. Family
B. Friends
C. A Doctor

I don't mean to be harsh, but it takes someone pretty special to post something like this on a baseball site.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:27 pm

Chronic stomach problems.

Ok here's something from my side.

I'm a very social person but I have a bit of social anxiety/general anxiety.

It used to kill my stomach and that really sucked.

You should see a doctor that deals with stress/social anxiety. I'm not doctor but I've seen psycologists about anxiety and its really not that bad. They teach you how to breathe etc.

for 90% of my life I haven't breathed through my nose which causes anxiety since you are designed to breathe through your nose normally.

Anyways don't go if you don't wanna. i bet if you go though you will have fun.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DaQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:37 pm

It's not a social thing or a breathing thing.

I know exactly what is, but I'm being intentionally vague here.

Using Shadow of the Sun's 3 resources, here are their answers:

1.) FAMILY - I know you really want to go on this thing, but you look pale as a ghost and you look/acting VERY tired right now. I know your friends won't be happy, but resting is necessary. Being out tonight until 5am (means nearly no sleep for 3 days) is going to get you sick.

2.) Friends - YOU'RE GOING!!

3.) DOCTOR - I didn't ask her about tonight's thing lol.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:38 pm

I actually have acid reflux myself...old people's disease but mine's more drug inducted. I mean, I can't take shots and it does limit alcohol capacity slightly, but that's all that that's done for me really. When I get sick, it does linger, too and I can feel nauseous for days after teh cold is over.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Dude, just go. the worst thing that could happen is that you go to sleep on the boat or just sleep all day tomorrow. In contrast, you could have one of the best nights of your life.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:55 pm

Is it syphilis? Tell me it's not syphilis!!!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk