A-choke says we should rip away at him.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-choke says we should rip away at him....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:48 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
Geek wrote:He's saying that he and Donnie Baseball have found the mechanical reason for his slump, and that it's "not mentall."

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 839623.htm

For what it's worth . . .

What a bunch of nonsense.

Rodriguez said the problem was "too technical" to explain, adding: "At least we have our finger on it."

Please. Reminds me of 1 of the half dozen explanations why King Flop could not get anyone out. Oh he is tipping pitches...no its his mechanics...yada yada yada. Arod is just blowing smoke as the sharks circle for tomorrow's roasting in the papers.

what do you see arods final numbers being this year? and im not asking about differences in clutch hits and worthless hits.

In the end I would think he ends up with fairly solid numbers.

.295-.310 35+ Hrs 100+ rbis 100+ runs

His numbers even now are pretty decent fantasy-wise. They arejjust well below expectation levels of the number one pick overall.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:55 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
Geek wrote:He's saying that he and Donnie Baseball have found the mechanical reason for his slump, and that it's "not mentall."

Rodriguez said the problem was "too technical" to explain, adding: "At least we have our finger on it."

Please. Reminds me of 1 of the half dozen explanations why King Flop could not get anyone out. Oh he is tipping pitches...no its his mechanics...yada yada yada. Arod is just blowing smoke as the sharks circle for tomorrow's roasting in the papers.

what do you see arods final numbers being this year? and im not asking about differences in clutch hits and worthless hits.

His numbers even now are pretty decent fantasy-wise. They arejjust well below expectation levels of the number one pick overall.

ok, well comparing him to king felix is pretty ridiculious, at least fantasy wise.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:03 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

ok, well comparing him to king felix is pretty ridiculious, at least fantasy wise.

Just making the point that the nonsensical explanations about why he was struggling are just as plausible as this nonsense ARod is spewing. I know the reason but they are too technical to explain. I was excited about the 2 Ks just not happy with the results...come on? What a load of dog doo that is.

Bottom line is he is in a slump and feeling the heat from the press and the fans as a result of numerous factors including the injuries to the likes of Sheff and Matsui and his already established rep as a choker. He has started to press because he knows his reputation as a choker and it is a self-fulfilling prophecy that he will wilt under the very pressure of the situation he is worried about.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NZF » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:06 am

CharlatanSin wrote:When I was at the game the other day, and A-Rod was up in a clutch situation, the guy behind me shouted, "It's okay, A-Rod! Just pretend it's 13-5!"

Brilliant ;-D
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:05 am

Geek.......You have been warned. Unless I see otherwise, I will assume that your only purpose on this board is to spam Yankee threads and incite stupidity. This is your last warning.

If you can prove otherwise, I'd love to see the evidence. Otherwise, I think that you just have an axe to grind with A-Rod and that is much better served elsewhere. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:24 am

I haven't read anything in this thread other than the first post.

Whatever A-Rods mindset, game (in terms of $, women, baseball, ect..) he's not real enough to be an Ortiz/Tejada. He puts too much on his mind to focus on what really creates the best sportsman. If I were A-Rod I'd stop fronting and get myself with a real ballclub like the White Sox or Cubs. Then I'd shut up, piss the media off and work through all my issues with a chip on my shoulder. St. Louie, Cle, LAA, Houston and LAD would fit in my mind as well.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:26 am

aberry33 wrote:This is just ridiculous.

I pray to god that somehow the planets align (sp?) and Arod somehow ends up in Boston, where he will procede to hit .320 40 HR and 125 RBI and the Yankees will be stuck with either a horrible prospect or a 36 year old washed up vet.

My god please trade, waive him or whatever. Sometimes Yankee fans cannot even be put into words.....

Geek is not a Yankee fan.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:03 am

I'm getting sick and tired of being clumped into this BS category with the rest of Yankee fans. :-P

I guess it comes with the territory though. When you're team has so many ignorant fans, you can't help but be sucked into it sometimes. Still pisses me off though. :-t

I'm not even sure who's bashing A-Rod anymore. I know Geek is, but he's not a Yankee fan. TheYanks04 is, but anyone who pays attention to the Cafe ignores everything that he posts, since 99% of the time, they are absolutely useless.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:07 pm

Tie game 2-2, runner on base, A-Rod at the plate.

Crushed over the wall in deep center.

Pressure got to him right there, right? ;-7
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:32 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of being clumped into this BS category with the rest of Yankee fans. :-P

I guess it comes with the territory though. When you're team has so many ignorant fans, you can't help but be sucked into it sometimes. Still pisses me off though. :-t

I'm not even sure who's bashing A-Rod anymore. I know Geek is, but he's not a Yankee fan. TheYanks04 is, but anyone who pays attention to the Cafe ignores everything that he posts, since 99% of the time, they are absolutely useless.

There are A LOT of ignorant fans out there for sure...
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 431)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers