A-choke says we should rip away at him.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-choke says we should rip away at him....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:03 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of being clumped into this BS category with the rest of Yankee fans. :-P

I guess it comes with the territory though. When you're team has so many ignorant fans, you can't help but be sucked into it sometimes. Still pisses me off though. :-t

I'm not even sure who's bashing A-Rod anymore. I know Geek is, but he's not a Yankee fan. TheYanks04 is, but anyone who pays attention to the Cafe ignores everything that he posts, since 99% of the time, they are absolutely useless.

There are A LOT of ignorant fans out there for sure...

Stereotyping= :-t :-t :-t :-t

While I am sure there are a lot of ignorant fans out there, there are stills A LOT of fans that aren't.

To classify one group of people by the image of a few fans is retarded.

Stereotypes are generalizations, or assumptions, that people make about the characteristics of all members of a group, based on an image (often wrong) about what people in that group are like. For example, one study of stereotypes revealed that Americans are generally considered to be friendly, generous, and tolerant, but also arrogant, impatient, and domineering. Asians, on the other hand, were expected to be shrewd and alert, but reserved. Clearly, not all Americans are friendly and generous; and not all Asians are shrewd. If you assume you know what a person is like, and don't look at each person as an individual, you are likely to make errors in your estimates of a person's character.

In conflicts, people tend to develop overly-negative images of the other side. The opponent is expected to be aggressive, self-serving, and deceitful, for example, while people view themselves in completely positive ways. These stereotypes tend to be self-perpetuating. If one side assumes the other side is deceitful and aggressive, they will tend to respond in a similar way. The opponent will then develop a similar image of the first party, and the negative stereotypes will be confirmed. They may be grow worse, as communication is shut down and escalation heightens emotions and tension.
Last edited by Strasil42 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:19 pm

Strasil42 wrote:To classify one group of people by the image of a few fans is retarded.

ironic that you'd use this term to sum up a pretty solid argument.

i mean, i know what you mean by it, but i think most people know what is meant by the yankee-fan "stereotype" you, yourself are attacking.

not trying to be nitpicky. i just love irony. :-b

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wrveres » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:21 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Tie game 2-2, runner on base, A-Rod at the plate.

Crushed over the wall in deep center.

Pressure got to him right there, right? ;-7

yes but the difference is ..
Yesterday's game was a meaningful game ..
Todays was not :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby Strasil42 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:32 pm

wrveres wrote:

LMAO.

:-D :-D :-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Apollo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Lol, wrveres. :-)

geek wrote:Those Yankees won because they knew how to win. Scott Brosius would deliver. Jose Vizcaino would deliver.

As FJM once said, I knew it. I knew there was someone out there saying "If only Brosius was playing third, the Yanks would be winning."

Well, you know what? Brosius had a career average of something like .130 in the playoffs. He was horrid. He hit a big home run and everyone went nuts, but he was awful.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again. When the playoffs start, A-Rod's average, slugging and on-base percentages all go up. Jeter's all go down. What more do you want?

The guy struck out the other night and was hard on himself--what should he be doing? What could he possibly say after one of these situations that would be all right with you guys? Everybody strikes out in the 8th sometimes. Jeez.

And Yanks04: "A-Choke"? That doesn't even make sense. It isn't related to his other nickname at all. Couldn't you come up with something halfway clever?
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:07 pm

Apollo wrote:And Yanks04: "A-Choke"? That doesn't even make sense. It isn't related to his other nickname at all. Couldn't you come up with something halfway clever?

His "A-Choke" nickname is PURE GOLD compared to his A-Rod/Manning family "joke" which he posted a few weeks ago.

I'd go dig it up but I can't bring myself to enter that thread again. :-*

By the way, where are the A-Rod bashers in here today? They were in full flock yesterday when he struck out, yet nowhere to be found today, after he crushed a ball over the wall to give the Yankees a lead in a tie game. :-? ;-7 :-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby DK » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Yanks04 is the joke of the Cafe'... I'm not really sure why he keeps coming back because nobody really listens to his idiotic rambles.

Regardless, I could say what I believe on this matter but it's already been said. A-Rod produces, plain and simple. You could cherry-pick anyone's at-bats to make them look bad, and that's what people do when logic stares them directly in the face and tells them they're wrong.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:58 am

wrveres wrote:

How is that?? Has Bonds never been in a slump?? How would you like it if we broke your balls during 1 of his slumps?? I know and you hate it. Let it go.

And how was yesterday meaningful and today wasn't??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Apollo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:16 am

Lo, I suspect that was a joke from wr.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:19 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:

How is that?? Has Bonds never been in a slump?? How would you like it if we broke your balls during 1 of his slumps?? I know and you hate it. Let it go.

And how was yesterday meaningful and today wasn't??

Wr was being sarcastic, Lo.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers