Why is this Smiley/Emoticon called "Scottie" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why is this Smiley/Emoticon called "Scottie"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Why is this Smiley/Emoticon called "Scottie"

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:56 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:How do you capture a picture of your screen like that?


On your keyboard usually beside Scroll Lock, it should have a key named "PrtScn". It's called print screen and basically takes a shot of your screen at a specific time. You can later paste it into Paint to see it. ;-D
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Why is this Smiley/Emoticon called "Scottie"

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:19 am

go_jays_go wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:How do you capture a picture of your screen like that?


On your keyboard usually beside Scroll Lock, it should have a key named "PrtScn". It's called print screen and basically takes a shot of your screen at a specific time. You can later paste it into Paint to see it. ;-D

The question was already answered about 4 times. ;-D
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:23 pm

Is scottie supposed to be a star trek insider's joke? A reference to Montgomery Scott the engineer, played by James Doohan?
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1852
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 30 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ the banana stand.

Postby knapplc » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:37 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Is scottie supposed to be a star trek insider's joke? A reference to Montgomery Scott the engineer, played by James Doohan?


Yes. Reading - still fundamental after all these years. :-]
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:47 pm

knapplc wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Is scottie supposed to be a star trek insider's joke? A reference to Montgomery Scott the engineer, played by James Doohan?


Yes. Reading - still fundamental after all these years. :-]



Heh, I should read threads before I post! :*)
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1852
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 30 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ the banana stand.

Postby knapplc » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Is scottie supposed to be a star trek insider's joke? A reference to Montgomery Scott the engineer, played by James Doohan?


Yes. Reading - still fundamental after all these years. :-]



Heh, I should read threads before I post! :*)


I just did the same thing in another thread. :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daicekl, unioreimi and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact