Why is this Smiley/Emoticon called "Scottie" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why is this Smiley/Emoticon called "Scottie"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:You can host via photobucket.com it will auto shrink it to the right size.

and you can press print screen without alt and then just paste in paint ;-D


Cool. I always wondered how people did that.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:You can host via photobucket.com it will auto shrink it to the right size.

and you can press print screen without alt and then just paste in paint ;-D


Cool. I always wondered how people did that.


oh make sure to save it as a .jpeg rather then a .bmp
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:47 pm

Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D


Hell yeah; the Alt+Print Screen it an integral part of writing software install documentation.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:55 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D


Hell yeah; the Alt+Print Screen it an integral part of writing software install documentation.


Is that what you do now? thats pretty exciting
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D


Hell yeah; the Alt+Print Screen it an integral part of writing software install documentation.


Is that what you do now? thats pretty exciting


Thankfully not as much as I used to.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:03 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D


Hell yeah; the Alt+Print Screen it an integral part of writing software install documentation.


Is that what you do now? thats pretty exciting


Thankfully not as much as I used to.


So what other computer jobs can I do that don't require me to talk to end users all day?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D


Hell yeah; the Alt+Print Screen it an integral part of writing software install documentation.


Is that what you do now? thats pretty exciting


Thankfully not as much as I used to.


So what other computer jobs can I do that don't require me to talk to end users all day?


I got lucky because my company does Technology Inventory Management for our biggest client and they needed some backfill; every time I had a chance to work with the Inventory team instead of doing tech support, I would make recommendations and write up these big reports, just to get off the helpdesk. Then a guy was brought in to do a quality review of the inventory process and wrote up all these reports for it. Next thing I know, they're asking me to run the damn thing.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:17 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Print Screen copies the whole screen; Alt + Print Screen just copies the in-focus window.
An excellent fact!

Thanks! ;-D


Hell yeah; the Alt+Print Screen it an integral part of writing software install documentation.


Is that what you do now? thats pretty exciting


Thankfully not as much as I used to.


So what other computer jobs can I do that don't require me to talk to end users all day?


I got lucky because my company does Technology Inventory Management for our biggest client and they needed some backfill; every time I had a chance to work with the Inventory team instead of doing tech support, I would make recommendations and write up these big reports, just to get off the helpdesk. Then a guy was brought in to do a quality review of the inventory process and wrote up all these reports for it. Next thing I know, they're asking me to run the damn thing.


Lucky today I plugged a computer in...It was amazing
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact