Cliff Floyd - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Floyd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Floyd

Postby Fpower » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:49 am

What's the deal with him this year? He's hit the free agent pool in my 11 team roto league, is he worth picking up? I can probably afford to stash him on my bench for a couple weeks if he's going to turn it around.
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:17 am

Battling injuries all season. I would not anticipate a huge surge anytime soon at this point. It is certainly possible, but we are 2.5 months in and he really has not shown much in the way of getttig hot and staying hot. If he is battling nagging injuries they may last the better part of the season. If not, then maybe he finds his stroke when the summer heats up.

You can certainly pick up and stash him away as long as you are cutting some scrub. Just do not count on him turning it around anytime soon imo.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j24jags » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:05 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Battling injuries all season. I would not anticipate a huge surge anytime soon at this point. It is certainly possible, but we are 2.5 months in and he really has not shown much in the way of getttig hot and staying hot. If he is battling nagging injuries they may last the better part of the season. If not, then maybe he finds his stroke when the summer heats up.

You can certainly pick up and stash him away as long as you are cutting some scrub. Just do not count on him turning it around anytime soon imo.

That's not 100% true, Since May 21st he was 15-45.
Also his Batting Average on Balls In Play is just .245 which means he has been getting very unlucky. That number regresses towards the mean (Approx .290) for every player so when he gets healthy his numbers could improve. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:18 pm

He just needs to stay healthy. There's still a chance he could land back on the DL again. I've been following this really closely since I REALLY need Milledge to get sent down soon in my keeper league (I can keep him for free if he remains under 130ab's through August 12th). Right now Nady is coming back sometime between now and the middle of next week (most likely on Monday). Floyd has been coming back since the beginning of this week but his ankle is still bothering him. There's talk of him hitting the DL when Nady comes off if he can't go by then.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers