Arizona Diamondbacks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arizona Diamondbacks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Arizona Diamondbacks

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:27 am

the dbacks were cruising along and had one of the best records in the NL, before the Grimsley incident. Ever since, they haven't been the same team winning only one out of 9 games, I can't believe losing this guy would have such an effect on a team, he was just a relief pitcher, and a mediocre one at that. I think that his impact may be that some players on the dbacks could have possibly been using the HGH and are thinking about being a caught, it's very possible the dbacks are just in a slump right now, though. This team better wake up soon, or they won't even be in any race besides last place in come august. Do you think they'll turn it around?
DbacksAllTheWay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TEKTON » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:17 am

I have a strong suspicion valverde may have been. Grimsley apparently listed I believe 4 players on the Dback squad.

But who knows. As long as they score runs for when webb pitches, im cool with it.
TEKTON
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

thats

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:29 am

That's weird because as soon as the situation came out, my friend asked me if i thought anyone else on the dbacks was and Valverde was my first thought, maybe Gonzo when he hit 57.
DbacksAllTheWay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jvmillion83 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:08 am

This reminds me of the Baltimore Orioles from last year when Palmeiro was released from the team. They were extremely hot for the first part of the season and then were average. Then in August when Palmeiro was released, they were by far playing the worst baseball out of every team.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tomdoyle3 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:38 am

Something like this can easily tear a team apart... I don't think it's a coincidence.
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BuckeyeSal » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:37 am

the owner said yesterday they have moved people they knew were using and the morning guy just now said he knows 6-7 players that are playing on other teams right now that everybody knew were using on the D-backs. The first two guys that came to mind were Glaus and Finley.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:50 am

The D'back's were playing over their heads a little and then ran into a very hot Mets team who swept a 4 game series from them. It was too bad that this happened during a long homestand with the home media focusing in on it. Look for them to get back on track with NL CY Webb tonight against the Phillies.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:48 am

First of the D'backs were not that good and wereplaying above their heads.

Secondly, I hardly think that Jason Grimsley is a key player in the workings of things for them.

Thirdly, I am sure a number of them, just like any other team in MLB are or were juicers in some form. Why would it suddenly affect them? LGonzo just denied the accusation again. Not that anyone believes him. In this era, when you pull a Brady Anderson/Beltre type power year, everyone will suspect you of being a juicer at least for a certain portion of your career.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j24jags » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:57 am

Mookie4ever wrote:The D'back's were playing over their heads a little and then ran into a very hot Mets team who swept a 4 game series from them. It was too bad that this happened during a long homestand with the home media focusing in on it. Look for them to get back on track with NL CY Webb tonight against the Phillies.

Yea I think that is pretty much it. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tomdoyle3 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:21 pm

TheYanks04 wrote: everyone will suspect you of being a juicer at least for a certain portion of your career.

No, not everyone.

It's just you that accuses everyone under the sun of juicing. ;-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers