Waiver question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Waiver question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Waiver question

Postby cannonarm21 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:30 pm

The waiver system on Yahoo sort of bothers me. I hate it that I do my research and know about guys like Billingsley, Hamels, Weaver..etc. only to lose out on them after they make a start or two because their names get plastered all over the place. I wait on these guys for weeks, only to lose out to someone who has no idea who these guys are before they make a good start.

The guys in my league know their MLB players, but really lack knowledge about minor leaguers. I picked 1st in my league and have worked my way up from waiver priority #12 to #4. I will most likely miss out on Billingsley.

Thanks for listening, I feel better. :~(
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:31 pm

Luckily it seems my league has no idea about prospects. Unfotunately I get addicted to them and pick up too many.

So far I'm ok

Liriano, Hamels, Weaver
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Waiver question

Postby dipset » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:22 am

cannonarm21 wrote:The waiver system on Yahoo sort of bothers me. I hate it that I do my research and know about guys like Billingsley, Hamels, Weaver..etc. only to lose out on them after they make a start or two because their names get plastered all over the place. I wait on these guys for weeks, only to lose out to someone who has no idea who these guys are before they make a good start.

The guys in my league know their MLB players, but really lack knowledge about minor leaguers. I picked 1st in my league and have worked my way up from waiver priority #12 to #4. I will most likely miss out on Billingsley.

I know where you are coming from but, where are there names plastered all over the place. When hamels was brought up, i didnt see his name anywhere? Can you help me with this please?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Waiver question

Postby swyck » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:45 am

cannonarm21 wrote:The waiver system on Yahoo sort of bothers me. I hate it that I do my research and know about guys like Billingsley, Hamels, Weaver..etc. only to lose out on them after they make a start or two because their names get plastered all over the place. I wait on these guys for weeks, only to lose out to someone who has no idea who these guys are before they make a good start.

Yeah, its an issue but not that much of one IMO. I'd rather have a waiver so everyone has a chance at a player instead of whoever is up at 4am every morning. I think it would be even worse without a waiver wire.

You have the #4 wire now, so you only have to hope 3 guys are not paying attention.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Baseball Leftovers