The Jeff Weaver might be good someday thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

The Jeff Weaver might be good someday thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:54 am

johnsamo wrote:Tonight is yet amother example of how the Angels defense (and lack of run support) is killing the Angel pitchers.... John Lackey should have thrown 7 innings of shutout ball but the Angels bad D gave the Royals a run.... Then in the 8th, the angels defense gives the Royals another run and now he'll get a no decision.

None of this would matter if the Angels could score more than 2 runs against the weak Royal pitchers.

Gah!!! Not again! I went to bed after the 7th inning...it was late (east coast) and the Angels pen is normally money. :(
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:57 am

It wasn't so much the pen... in the 8th, Donnelly (who's not the pitcher he was in past so far this season) came on and got in some trouble, first and third, one out.

They brought K-Rod in, who K'd the next hitter, the Royals stole 2nd and the catcher threw the ball into center field basically, scoring the guy from 3rd. K-Rod then struck out the side, got 3 up 3 down in the 9th.... Hector Carrasco got the win in the 10th.

THe stupidest part was, there was no reason to throw to 2nd, they just got the 2nd out, the #9 hitter was coming up, it wasn't worthing trying to throw the guy out (with a guy on 3rd) the way K-Rod was pitching.... He looked better than I've seen him all year. Now that he's getting save ops, he's pitching great. It was when they just brought him to get work that he wasn't sharp. He's a pitcher who is better if the game is on the line.

Typical day for me... Zambrano threw a beautiful gem - but no win
K-Rod got 5 in a row outs (4 of them Ks) but no save due to the throwing error.

The Angels defense has never been as bad as these last few months. That they've got a lot of new guys out there is some reason, but even Figgy and Cabrera have made some costly mistakes. Scioscia needs to crack the whip on these guys. I can think of 5 games off the top of my head that the Angels just blew on idiotic plays.

If the Angels turn it around, grab John Lackey fast, he's pitched fantastic but with the shaky defense and lack of run support, his numbers don't really reflect how good he's pitching.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:06 am

johnsamo wrote:It wasn't so much the pen... in the 8th, Donnelly (who's not the pitcher he was in past so far this season) came on and got in some trouble, first and third, one out.

They brought K-Rod in, who K'd the next hitter, the Royals stole 2nd and the catcher threw the ball into center field basically, scoring the guy from 3rd. K-Rod then struck out the side, got 3 up 3 down in the 9th.... Hector Carrasco got the win in the 10th.

THe stupidest part was, there was no reason to throw to 2nd, they just got the 2nd out, the #9 hitter was coming up, it wasn't worthing trying to throw the guy out (with a guy on 3rd) the way K-Rod was pitching.... He looked better than I've seen him all year. Now that he's getting save ops, he's pitching great. It was when they just brought him to get work that he wasn't sharp. He's a pitcher who is better if the game is on the line.

Typical day for me... Zambrano threw a beautiful gem - but no win
K-Rod got 5 in a row outs (4 of them Ks) but no save due to the throwing error.

The Angels defense has never been as bad as these last few months. That they've got a lot of new guys out there is some reason, but even Figgy and Cabrera have made some costly mistakes. Scioscia needs to crack the whip on these guys. I can think of 5 games off the top of my head that the Angels just blew on idiotic plays.

If the Angels turn it around, grab John Lackey fast, he's pitched fantastic but with the shaky defense and lack of run support, his numbers don't really reflect how good he's pitching.

Jeeze, that's a bonehead throw to second base. :(

I'd love to grab Lackey and may in a couple leagues but he's a guy I targeted coming into the season...it's hard to grab what you already have. :D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby johnsamo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:43 pm

More errors.... Jeff should be through the sixth with a 3 to 1 lead, instead it's tied.

The Angels terrible defense wouldn't be so damaging if they could score runs like they used to.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:33 am

Unbelievable.... 9th inning, tied, K-Rod is in, runner on 2nd, the Pads bunt, rather than get the sure out, the catcher tries for 3rd and the ball winds up in left field, Pads score the go ahead run... It's like this virtually every game. All you have to do is put the ball in play and the Angels D will find a way to give you the win.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates