Howie Kendrick LAA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Howie Kendrick LAA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Howie Kendrick LAA

Postby mgblues » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:00 pm

What do you guys think of Howie Kendrick? He is an outfielder with the Angels AAA team & CBS is saying he is the bomb. They say that he should be picked up immediately because next week will be too late. Does anyone know anything about him?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Howie Kendrick LAA

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:08 pm

mgblues wrote:What do you guys think of Howie Kendrick? He is an outfielder with the Angels AAA team & CBS is saying he is the bomb. They say that he should be picked up immediately because next week will be too late. Does anyone know anything about him?

First of all, Kendrick isn't an OF'er unless he's changed positions VERY recently (as in since about a month ago) - he's a second baseman. He's a very good young hitter...not nearly the same power as Vlad but the same approach - hit everything and hit it hard. He doesn't walk much nor does he strike out much and he hits for an insane average at every level so far other than the majors - usually in the mid to high .300's (even going over .400 this year at AAA I believe).

Long term he has the potential to compete for batting titles. His overall value will depend on whether his power develops into the mid teens or into the low to mid 20's (or even higher). But he's got outstanding contact hitting ability and a great gap power even at this point.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mgblues » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:11 pm

My bad... I saw outfielder in the article & did not see that the outfielder referenced was not Kendrick.

Thanks for the news. Wish I had a damned crystal ball... my guys are dropping like flies & if I knew he was coming up, I might pick him up for the offense. However, I need to fill spots for Gomes (shoulder & projected not to play next week) & Blake (on DL).
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:24 pm

mgblues wrote:My bad... I saw outfielder in the article & did not see that the outfielder referenced was not Kendrick.

Thanks for the news. Wish I had a damned crystal ball... my guys are dropping like flies & if I knew he was coming up, I might pick him up for the offense. However, I need to fill spots for Gomes (shoulder & projected not to play next week) & Blake (on DL).

Kendrick wouldn't be the type of guy I'd be looking to fill a hole with right now. If it's a public league just post a link to your leagues FA list in the Draft, Trade, Keeper, Waivers forum or a list of guys and people could probably help you look for a good pickup...off the top of my head though Morneau has been hot as has Kemp and both are available in quite a few leagues still.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:51 pm

Baseball Prospectus thinks he could hit like David Wright. That ain't bad.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates