Rookie to be demoted for missing Blalock - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rookie to be demoted for missing Blalock

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rookie to be demoted for missing Blalock

Postby rong » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:25 am

rong
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:29 am

3 posts from rong don't make a right.

heh.

yeah, pretty bizarre behavior from a bizarre (albeit entertaining) guy.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dyuen87 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:29 am

do you mean Ozzie Guillen?

or yourself? :-?
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:30 am

I have to say this...Ozzie Guillen is the biggest masked curses are not ok in baseball. His opinionated persona will have him fired sometime during the 2007 season. He is a joke.

As for this Tracey thing...it's fine to want retaliation. But to throw a water bottle in front of his teammates is showing the kid up and the players will keep that in mind. Guillen is an ass.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:31 am

i don't see how someone could mess this up so bad. If i was a rookie, I'd be honored to be picked to do a ceremonial plunking for my team, yet it seems like this kid wanted no part of it.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:38 am

RugbyD wrote:i don't see how someone could mess this up so bad. If i was a rookie, I'd be honored to be picked to do a ceremonial plunking for my team, yet it seems like this kid wanted no part of it.
AJ got hit intentionally twice. Retalitation and protection of his own teammates was in order. He didn't do it. He went against his managers orders. He should be sent down if he can't follow instructions and won't stick up for his teammates.

I'm not a White Sox fan, but Ozzie is all about defending his own players and if you're told to hit somebody (see RJ last night) then you do it.

If you're not going to:

A: Do what your manager tells you to do
B: Defend your own teammates

then you don't deserve to be in the majors.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby mdHARRIS » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:45 am

So this young kid does the RIGHT thing in the moral sense, but in the baseball world he's a failure? Interesting...
mdHARRIS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mak1277 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:47 am

chadlincoln wrote:
RugbyD wrote:i don't see how someone could mess this up so bad. If i was a rookie, I'd be honored to be picked to do a ceremonial plunking for my team, yet it seems like this kid wanted no part of it.
AJ got hit intentionally twice. Retalitation and protection of his own teammates was in order. He didn't do it. He went against his managers orders. He should be sent down if he can't follow instructions and won't stick up for his teammates.

I'm not a White Sox fan, but Ozzie is all about defending his own players and if you're told to hit somebody (see RJ last night) then you do it.

If you're not going to:

Amen!
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby rentz » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:57 am

chadlincoln wrote:

If you're not going to:

for starters i dont think both beanings were intentional.
padilla had been throwing heat inside all night, and he's been known to have some control issues when doing so (atleast recently).
the second one might have been intentional.

and i dont exactly have a problem with guillen telling a guy to bean someone....but to berate a player like he did is uncalled for. And i can say right now, if theres any intentional beaning tonight, look for benches to clear.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:00 pm

rentz wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:

If you're not going to:

for starters i dont think both beanings were intentional.
padilla had been throwing heat inside all night, and he's been known to have some control issues when doing so (atleast recently).
the second one might have been intentional.

and i dont exactly have a problem with guillen telling a guy to bean someone....but to berate a player like he did is uncalled for. And i can say right now, if theres any intentional beaning tonight, look for benches to clear.
Ozzie already said there will be payback.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers