What more does Kemp have to do....? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What more does Kemp have to do....?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dodgers6 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:40 am

hes a starter in my book and the millions and millions of dodger fans out there :-D
dodgers6
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:29 am

Well until this game, where I think he should of started, I think Grady has done a good job of getting him playing time. They didn't want to push him to much into action at first cause he is just from AA and sometimes it's hard being pushed right into a line up every day. Though with the way he is playing right now he deserves to get a bit more time and bench him maybe twice a week depedning on who is throwing where Lofton w/ his expereince might have the edge. You have to know Grady loves the kid, he has hyped the kid up himself ... I just think he doesn't want to push him to much.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby johnsamo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:35 pm

I'm always a bit skeptical of the young kid that comes up and bashes immediately... As a general rule, they cool off quick once the league figures out What pitches he rakes and what pitches he whiffs on.... but occassionally you gt a Pujols who starts mashing from day one and never stops, but this is rare.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:55 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Diggs wrote:I figured it out!!!!!!! ;-D

Grady Little is Havok. Havok is Grady Little. They are the only two poeple in the nation who don't think that a 6'2'', 230 lb beast who's hitting .378 with a .420 .OBP, 7 HRs, 16 RBI, 13 runs scored, and 3 SB in only 45 at bats should not be starting everyday.

HTH.

I like Kemp, not as much as I do Guzman, but I like him and he should for sure be the starting CF, at least until his hot streak ends. You need to realize that I like the guy and think he's a good prospect just not elite. Lofton isn't anything special anymore and the only reason why he is getting some starts is because of his cost. Kemp should for sure be the starting CF right now.

I think prospect rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. I realize that Guzman was regarded as the better prospect than Kemp coming into this season. However, that does not mean Kemp can't be a better player in the long run by any means.

Take a look at 2004's BA rankings for example:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... 26983.html

David Wright was ranked behind Justin Morneau. Does this mean Wright will be worse in the long run? Not by any means.

Also, Kazmir was ranked behind Edwin Jackson and Greg Miller. I can tell you right now that Kazmir will blow away both Jackson and Miller in the long run.

2003? Same thing. Miguel Cabrera was ranked behind Teixeira, Baldelli, Reyes, Mauer, Brandon Phillips, Hideki Matsui. Who do you think will have the best career? Possibly Mauer but that is about it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Yoda wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Diggs wrote:I figured it out!!!!!!! ;-D

Grady Little is Havok. Havok is Grady Little. They are the only two poeple in the nation who don't think that a 6'2'', 230 lb beast who's hitting .378 with a .420 .OBP, 7 HRs, 16 RBI, 13 runs scored, and 3 SB in only 45 at bats should not be starting everyday.

HTH.

I like Kemp, not as much as I do Guzman, but I like him and he should for sure be the starting CF, at least until his hot streak ends. You need to realize that I like the guy and think he's a good prospect just not elite. Lofton isn't anything special anymore and the only reason why he is getting some starts is because of his cost. Kemp should for sure be the starting CF right now.

I think prospect rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. I realize that Guzman was regarded as the better prospect than Kemp coming into this season. However, that does not mean Kemp can't be a better player in the long run by any means.

Take a look at 2004's BA rankings for example:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... 26983.html

David Wright was ranked behind Justin Morneau. Does this mean Wright will be worse in the long run? Not by any means.

Also, Kazmir was ranked behind Edwin Jackson and Greg Miller. I can tell you right now that Kazmir will blow away both Jackson and Miller in the long run.

2003? Same thing. Miguel Cabrera was ranked behind Teixeira, Baldelli, Reyes, Mauer, Brandon Phillips, Hideki Matsui. Who do you think will have the best career? Possibly Mauer but that is about it.

Thats a super interesting list. Thanks!!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers