Your Dream Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your Dream Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Your Dream Trade

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:11 pm

If fantasy became reality and if you managed your favorite MLB team, who would you make a move for and what would you attempt to offer for that one player?

I'll start off to say that I would attempt to get one of my favorite players, David Wright, to the Red Sox. I think I would attempt an offer of Lowell, Clement and possibly a ton of cash to get him there.

Of course, I realize this is a ridiculous offer, no need to point that out to me, but in my wildest dreams, I would want this to happen.

Who would you bring to your team?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:21 pm

I'm not sure I get it. If we can just make ridiculous offers, I'll offer Matt Clement and some money for Pujols. ;-D :-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:22 pm

If it doesn't have to be realistic I would take over the San Francisco Giants and I would trade for Derek Lee and Mark Prior. I would give up Pedro Feliz, Lance Niekro, and a bunch of arms. That would give the Giants some protection for Bonds and some defense at a possition that they desperately need production from. Mark Prior would give the a dominant one/two combo at the top of their rotation.
I believe these two players would make the Giants a legit contender for a world series championship.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:40 pm

Braves is my team, I'd trade away Laroche, Reitsma, Pratt and most of the bullpen for a copy of the March Edtion of the 1992 Sports Illustrated..... Wait just kidding.

My first goal would to be get my hand's on a closer of some sort. So I'd look at grabbing chad cordero from the Nationals to put a anchor in my pen.

Next I'd shop around a prospect or two along with LaRoche and find a solid power hitting 1B. Someone like Ortiz.

Next I'd make a move and aquire Soriano to come be my leadoff hitter. And ship out Giles, Virreall, and Paranto.

Lastly when Fa signing period start's Id aim for Kerry Wood and Rich Harden, two young players who ahve alot of injury problems. I'd play both of them as middle relivers with a start every 5th day (One would start one 5th day the other the enxt.)

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby laxguy8947 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:45 pm

CadensDad wrote:Braves is my team, I'd trade away Laroche, Reitsma, Pratt and most of the bullpen for a copy of the March Edtion of the 1992 Sports Illustrated..... Wait just kidding.

My first goal would to be get my hand's on a closer of some sort. So I'd look at grabbing chad cordero from the Nationals to put a anchor in my pen.

Next I'd shop around a prospect or two along with LaRoche and find a solid power hitting 1B. Someone like Ortiz.

Next I'd make a move and aquire Soriano to come be my leadoff hitter. And ship out Giles, Virreall, and Paranto.

Lastly when Fa signing period start's Id aim for Kerry Wood and Rich Harden, two young players who ahve alot of injury problems. I'd play both of them as middle relivers with a start every 5th day (One would start one 5th day the other the enxt.)

Where in the heck did you come up with that strategy? Harden is a stud, once Zito is gone he is the A's ace
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby Xtreemes » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:50 pm

So the offer doesnt have to be realistic? Ok ill take Pujols, Johan, and K-rod to the Mets for players to be named later....

This question would have been more interesting if realism was taken into account.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby suppasonic » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:11 pm

Im gonna throw out a few semi-realistic trades. (less than realistic, but closer rather than...not so close)

Chase Utley to the Dodgers for Cesar Izturis and Andre Ethier

Jason Bay for JD Drew, Cash, and Dioner Navarro.

And finally,

Johan Santana for Sandy Alomar, JR.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby giants8307 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 pm

Barry Bonds to the Angels for E. Santana, Brandon Wood, and Jered Weaver.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Xtreemes wrote:This question would have been more interesting if realism was taken into account.

Well, that was the initial intent, but we can let people dream can't we? I did. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Cleveland Indians

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:43 pm

For the Indians.....

Trade Fausto Carmona to the Red Sox for Willy Mo Pena.

Trade Aaron Boone & a prospect to the San Diego Padres(they need a 3B) for Scott Linebrink.

Trade Cliff Lee to the Seattle Mariners for Rafael Soriano & Mike Morse.

Trade Jake Westbrook, Jason Michaels & a prospect(Garko/Snyder) to the Marlins for Dontrelle Willis & Joe Borchard.

Trade Fernando Cabrera & Todd Hollandsworth to the Devil Rays for Joey Gathright & Russell Branyan.

Trade a prospect to the Phillies for Ryan Madson.

[/i][/b]
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers