Yahoo Baseball - An Abusing Commissioner in private leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Baseball - An Abusing Commissioner in private leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mak1277 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:52 am

This whole commentary gets down to a very important fact that has becoming blatantly obvious for me this year....playing fantasy sports with strangers is not fun for me.

If something like this happened in one of my leagues, I'd walk over to the guy who was being a jerk and tell him what I thought. It's so much easier to work things out when you know the person. Plus, smack talking is way better when you're playing against friends/family/co-workers.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby g-dawg » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:00 am

mak1277 wrote:This whole commentary gets down to a very important fact that has becoming blatantly obvious for me this year....playing fantasy sports with strangers is not fun for me.

If something like this happened in one of my leagues, I'd walk over to the guy who was being a jerk and tell him what I thought. It's so much easier to work things out when you know the person. Plus, smack talking is way better when you're playing against friends/family/co-workers.

I agree. And another positive of playing only with people you know is that you can create leagues and invite people that you know for certain will stay dedicated for the full year. There's nothing worse than having 3 or 4 managers quit playing after 2 months.
g-dawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:05 am

g-dawg wrote:
mak1277 wrote:This whole commentary gets down to a very important fact that has becoming blatantly obvious for me this year....playing fantasy sports with strangers is not fun for me.

I agree. And another positive of playing only with people you know is that you can create leagues and invite people that you know for certain will stay dedicated for the full year. There's nothing worse than having 3 or 4 managers quit playing after 2 months.

Not necessarily...
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Marvelous Merv » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:40 am

We don't have an issue with trades being vetoed in my Yahoo league, but my pet peeve - after dropouts - are players who won't make a trade for some strange reason. We have a player in my league who drafted nothing but closers in the first eight rounds and now refuses all reasonable trades, despite being near the bottom of the overall scoring. Its as though they decided they were going to remove closers as a catagory for everyone else...
Marvelous Merv
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers