Yahoo Baseball - An Abusing Commissioner in private leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Baseball - An Abusing Commissioner in private leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Baseball - An Abusing Commissioner in private leagues

Postby NikeTxGuy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:41 pm

Has anyone have this in their league? I certainly do... I checked yahoo and unfortunately they can't do a thing about private leagues because its not yahoo... and this is killing me because the guy that is commissioner, thinks I make horrible lopsided trades when I do not... EVERYONE else in the league thinks I make good trades but him... and thats not right... what sucks is that I had to apologize so that he wouldn't lock my team up from me accessing it... because I saw that commissioners can do that if needed... I am 1st place in my league by 15 points, and he thinks that I am doing these trades so I can rip people off and win the championship belt... LOL... whatever!!! :-b though I am happy being in 1st place... I don't do it so I leave others in the dust... I mean, who wouldn't like being in 1st? 8-o
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby icepak » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:25 pm

why don't you say what the trade was.

Pretty long post, all you really said was your don't like your commish for vetoing your trade.
icepak
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby NikeTxGuy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:46 pm

THIS was the trade:

Kenny Ray, Todd Coffey and Raul Ibanez JUST FOR BJ Ryan... :~(
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:48 pm

if he's that bad of a commish, don't be in anymore if his leagues...he sounds like a poor sport to me

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby NikeTxGuy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:50 pm

that is the problem, i was part of a lot of leagues when the fantasy baseball started, and this was the team that was in 3rd, 2nd or 1st... It was currently in 2nd when I saw where it was in standings position...

I did some tweaking and I have done well but now I am afraid I will be limited to trades since he's become a real J*** !
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:22 pm

NikeTxGuy wrote:THIS was the trade:

the ol' 3 for 1
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Big Stick » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:42 pm

Tiki Barber's Barber wrote:

the ol' 3 for 1

I would make that trade just as you would. Number one if you were in my league based on that alone you would get a big fat REJECT. I will not get into fair or not fair, anytime you are trading 3 players for 1 it shifts too many players which shifts the entire the league. Why don't you step up and make a real trade? Give value for value and I bet you will no longer have issues with trading.
Signature by: RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor

Postby number9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:13 pm

I don't see anything wrong with N:1 trades. And when they involve FA pickups without job securities, they do not "shifts too many players which shifts the entire the league". N:1 trade can benefit both parties.
Last edited by number9 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NikeTxGuy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:22 pm

The Big Stick wrote:
Tiki Barber's Barber wrote:

the ol' 3 for 1

I would make that trade just as you would. Number one if you were in my league based on that alone you would get a big fat REJECT. I will not get into fair or not fair, anytime you are trading 3 players for 1 it shifts too many players which shifts the entire the league. Why don't you step up and make a real trade? Give value for value and I bet you will no longer have issues with trading.

OK well how about this???

I am trading Miguel Cabrera, Orlando Cabrera and Roger Clemens for Miguel Tejada, Dontrelle Willis, and Curt Schilling... how's that for a fair trade??? ;-D
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkultra » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:17 am

The Big Stick wrote:I would make that trade just as you would. Number one if you were in my league based on that alone you would get a big fat REJECT. I will not get into fair or not fair, anytime you are trading 3 players for 1 it shifts too many players which shifts the entire the league. Why don't you step up and make a real trade? Give value for value and I bet you will no longer have issues with trading.

I'm not a fan of 3-for-1 trades either, but that's not for the Commish to decide. Screw that guy. Bench your entire team.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers