Mike and Mark: The Power(less) Rangers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mike and Mark: The Power(less) Rangers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:23 pm

I know what it is!!!

Soriano took all the home run mojo with him to RFK!!!
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:What I find funny is people who are simply looking at the stat sheets and not listening to Ranger fans here. If you've seen a large number of Ranger games, you know he has been hitting a TON of doubles, several of them have been hit off the wall. It won't be much longer until the Texas heat carries those balls out of the ballpark.

That reminds me of a hilarious call from an old Expos game. The announcer (Singleton I think) saw a well hit line drive and says:
"That's a well hit ball that will go for extra bases" the ball clears the fence...pause "about 4 of them"

Greateast. Call. Evar
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby tomdoyle3 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:39 pm

pangbones wrote:It isn't like Young was hitting 20+ HR's every year his whole career! He hit a combined 34 his first 3 years in the league, before hitting over 20 the past 2 years.

In 2001 and 2002, he was a young player in his first years in the majors. Not many players that average 23 homeruns in their prime (2004 and 2005 he averaged 23) hit many homeruns when they are just 24.

Now, since he has developed and matured, he has turned into a decent power hitter. (especially for a ss) Now that he is 29 years old and a guy that has proven that he can hit 20+ hr's, he should be hitting that number every year. Yea, he hit for little power when he was a rookie, but that isn't what matters right now, because he is a better ballplayer than he was then, and there is no reason that his power should fall. ;-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers