Best to come in 2006???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Best to come in 2006????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CT Smash » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:41 am

In that case go with Billingsly - he looked good yesterday, pitches in the NL in a pitcher's park and he can hit a little, so he won't get yanked for a pinch hitter all the time.
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:08 am

Billingsley is the best bet, he wa the best pitching prospect in the minors and is pretty much a sure bet to stay up in the bigs. The next guy after Billingsley I'd take is Pelfrey as he is really stating to dominate AA. The Mets staff is probably going to need something else and instead of making a trade I think it will eventuall be Pelfrey.

Hughes was called Prior junior or lite for a few reasons. His stuff isn't as good as Prior's, a step below his or so(hence "lite" or "jr" the reference wasn't really made to him as Prior just younger). He has good control like him though and recently both have had injury concerns. I don't think he will be traded, I think the Yanks realize he is pretty close and with their aging starters could really use him in a few years. They can win and get in the play off race even being 2 OF's down.

Bailey in the best case scenario might get a Sept. call up. Remember he is still in High A, he would have to be promoted to AA (which can be a big transition) and then pretty much dominate there. He has the stuff/potential, but it's not a case like Cain. Matt Cain was in AAA the whole year and was pretty certain he wold get some time at the end of the year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonoilers » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:54 pm

Top Guys at the beginning of the season

Verlander
Liriano
Cain
Billingsley*
Hansen*
Hirsh*
Baker
Lester*
Zumaya
Sowers*
Broxton
Reyes*
Valdez
McGowan*
Olsen
Weaver
Petit
Anibeal Sanchez
Liotta*
Volquez*
Barthmaier*
Elbert*
Patton*
James*
Hamels*

These were the top prospects at the beginning of ther year and out of all these listed, the ones that havent been called up yet, I would have to say Bills, Lester and Sowers may have the first opportunities and I would say they are the best bets. I liek Bailey alot and think if Volquez can ever get his control down he will a dominant pitcher, major command problems though.

Scott Elbert is going to be a beast but wont see time until 07.
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby houstonoilers » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Volquez, Hamels, Jamesm Bills and Reyes are all in yahoo of course
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:46 am

I figured you didnt want me to list Hughes sinc ehe is with the Yanks....lol.

Hughes has Ace potential with his nasty stuff. I am not sure but I hope they treat him like the Twins treated Johan and Liriano, meaning slowly putting into the lineup...they have been cautious so far.

I dont think Hughes is in the rotation until 07.

Pelfrey will probably come up if there is an injury but if not I dont see him till 07 either. Even though he has a nice curve....I like his mid 90's sinking fastball.

Sorry about leaving these NY guys out, I was a little tired last night and was mumbling off the top of my head.
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball