best drink to mix with vodka? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

best drink to mix with vodka?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:02 pm

hybrid wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:12 oz. Crystal Light Lemonade
2 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 oz. Absolut Citron

Best damn drink in the world! ;-D Equivalent of 2 alcoholic beverages in a 15 oz. delivery mechanism that tastes delicious.

Looks good, does it have a name or something you just made up?

I made it up over the course of my college years. It's the result of years of research and development ;)

It's also received the best two complements an alcoholic beverage can ever receive:
My wife after first drink, "Wow, this is weak...are you sure you put any vodka in here?"
My wife after third drink, "....thud"

That about covers it right there. :D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Wow, as an 18 year old heading off to college in the fall, I am definately writing these down guys! Doubt it'll matter though, I suspect i'll be having Natty most of the time anyways...

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 am

tuff_gong wrote:Wow, as an 18 year old heading off to college in the fall, I am definately writing these down guys! Doubt it'll matter though, I suspect i'll be having Natty most of the time anyways...

Agreed. :-° :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:38 am

tuff_gong wrote:Wow, as an 18 year old heading off to college in the fall, I am definately writing these down guys! Doubt it'll matter though, I suspect i'll be having Natty most of the time anyways...

Think of it this way too; you can probably get a lot more drunk off a $20 handle of booze than you can a $20 case of beer. It's just that if you never drink beer, your friends will make fun of you. Plus it's hard to play Beirut and Flipcup with Cosmopolitans.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:01 am

Coppermine wrote:It's just that if you never drink beer, your friends will make fun of you.

Meh...I never had any problem with that and I will not and never have drank beer. Tried it a couple times and couldn't stand it.

Your friends will make fun of you if you order a bunch of drinks like sex on the beach or some such nonesense. No one is gonna make fun of you for drinking Jack straight from the bottle. Send you to rehab maybe but definitely not make fun of you.

I've got a lot of experience on this drinking thing too. I was a guitarist in college...our band did mostly pop covers but with a heavy blues influence. I honestly can not play blues guitar very well sober and this isn't one of those 'I think I'm better drunk' things...other musicians have told me that I sound better after two or three (but not six !+) ) drinks. I basically had to start drinking about an hour before every gig to get a good buzz going or I sounded like complete crap and pounding beers wouldn't have gotten the job done anyways (at least not without multiple bathroom breaks to make up for drinking 36 oz's of beer).

You're not always in the mood to drink though which is part of why I made it my goal to find lots of alcoholic beverages that didn't have that alcohol taste. Another trick that I learned...use a BUNCH of powdered drink mix (lemonade, kiwi strawberry, whatever). It makes the drink tart as hell but you can't really taste the alcohol anymore. The only downside to drinking liquor over beer is that you can't really get your drinks at the party. I'd always have to mix me up a liter of whatever I was drinking that night and bring it along with me. The things you do for your art...
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:08 am

Wow, my life would be so much less fulfilling without beer.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Met_Threat » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:36 pm

TLL likely you didn't have the taste for beer, because you didn't find the right ones. All different styles and tastes of beer come unique with each person's preference, and if you only try a few, your not really giving it a chance. Different countries, or brews like crafts for example may be taseful for one person but not the other. I recommend just going to your nearest beer store, and fishing through the "singles" and make a 6 pack with 6 different beers, see which one you like. The problem with drinking JD or hard liquer is that it can quickly get out of hand, and even though you may look hardcore holding a fifth of 80 proof in your hand, nothing is better than chugging down a few beers, and it feels more comfortable.

Ill try the powdered drink mix idea, seems like a smart thing to do.

BTW what guitar did you play in college?
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:56 pm

I'm a horrible guitarist when smoking cheeba, which I don't do anymore, and decent when drunk but not too drunk.

When I'd play shows I'd have like 2 beers and then drink water.

Anyways you gotta expand your beer horizons!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:02 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:TLL likely you didn't have the taste for beer, because you didn't find the right ones. All different styles and tastes of beer come unique with each person's preference, and if you only try a few, your not really giving it a chance. Different countries, or brews like crafts for example may be taseful for one person but not the other. I recommend just going to your nearest beer store, and fishing through the "singles" and make a 6 pack with 6 different beers, see which one you like. The problem with drinking JD or hard liquer is that it can quickly get out of hand, and even though you may look hardcore holding a fifth of 80 proof in your hand, nothing is better than chugging down a few beers, and it feels more comfortable.

Ill try the powdered drink mix idea, seems like a smart thing to do.

BTW what guitar did you play in college?

Yeah, drinking hard liquor isn't for someone with an addictive personality, that's for sure. I never had that problem as most of my drinking (certainly not all...I was in college after all) was intentional just to get a buzz to be able to perform. At this point I've given up on drinking beer period but cooking with it (especially with some nice fried garlic and onions dumped in with kielbasa) gets a big thumbs up.

I played some crappy Charvel for the first 6 months or so until I got enough money at my job to afford an Ibanez with a locking tremolo system. It drove me nuts having only one guitar at gigs and having it slip out of tune constantly (when you're playing a lot of gigs in people's basements that'll happen). I got the Ibanez and an RP6 effects processor with a built-in tuner and went from being the one out of tune all the time to the one that everyone else used as their tuning fork. Not to mention that the Ibanez had a much better sound than the Charvel and the RP6 was one heck of an effects processor.

I also played bass on occassion (badly), accordion at just about every gig (tolerably and only on one song - Piano Man) and violin on a few Dave Matthews Band songs (played that well except when the crappy conditions made it untunable). Also got the band to let my girlfriend at the time (now my wife of almost 9 years) play bari sax with the band on those DMB songs. Great memories there. :)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'm a horrible guitarist when smoking cheeba, which I don't do anymore, and decent when drunk but not too drunk.

When I'd play shows I'd have like 2 beers and then drink water.

Anyways you gotta expand your beer horizons!

Yeah, too much alcohol is not a good thing for performing. I actually had a gig where I had a couple too many and I was tired to boot. Was sitting down on my amp for a good part of the gig and I'd nod off between songs. The bass player kicked me in the leg and says "Doors" (ie we're doing a Doors song). Of course we had TWO Doors songs that we played. Needless to say I guessed wrong for the first two bars of the song. :*)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk