Mulder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:25 am

fassted wrote:Mulder has morphed into a left handed Jeff Suppan. No K's...high ERA...high whip...18 wins.

Except Suppan throws harder. :-P
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 355)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kev8821 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:31 am

Mulder was just dropped in my 12 team league. I might grab him and leave him on the bench. He was the man here in Oakland for those years and I know he pitched well in St. Louis too before this year. I hope to see him turn it around.

Harden has been great, but his injuries have hurt Oakland too.
kev8821
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:13 pm

Just traded for Zito in my league so this will be the last start for Mulder on my team this week...unless he does good
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:13 pm

That trade I made in my keeper league where I dealt Mulder for Chase Utley AND a one round pick upgrade (from a 9th rounder to an 8th rounder) during the 2005/2006 offseason is looking more ridiculous every single outing from Mulder. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Chuckles » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:21 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:That trade I made in my keeper league where I dealt Mulder for Chase Utley AND a one round pick upgrade (from a 9th rounder to an 8th rounder) during the 2005/2006 offseason is looking more ridiculous every single outing from Mulder. ;-D

Nice job on that deal!!! ;-D
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:32 pm

Chuckles wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:That trade I made in my keeper league where I dealt Mulder for Chase Utley AND a one round pick upgrade (from a 9th rounder to an 8th rounder) during the 2005/2006 offseason is looking more ridiculous every single outing from Mulder. ;-D

Nice job on that deal!!! ;-D

I couldn't believe that one. I was offered Ensberg for Mulder and since I was down on Mulder I would have taken it but I already had Rolen and Chipper both and only planned on keeping one of them. I countered for Andruw Jones or Utley and he offered me Utley. The pick upgrade I ask for and somehow managed to weasel in to.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:30 pm

I went to a Stl/SD game a couple of weeks back at Petco and saw Mulder pitch. Here is what I concluded:

I do not remmember if Mulder did this during his golden years with Oakland as well, but when he winds up ge pauses to cock his hand (Foulke does this too) and that looks extremely hittable. Who knows, maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that when you cock your hand and hold it there for a full second you are seriously tipping your pitches as well as not letting yourself throw as hard because there is not as much power coming from the natural flow of your arm movement.

I don't know if you understood that, its much easier to show then type out, but hopefully you did, if not then maybe you coul;d find some video of Mulder recently and you'll see what I'm saying.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Mulder

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:10 pm

Zito is God wrote:BTW, I hear rumors he will be getting traded, where do you see him going to if at all? How long is his contract?

I dunno, St Louis look to be contending, so why would they trade part of their rotation?

The beat writer from Oakland wrote the other day that Mulder to Oakland might be in talks now that Harden could be on the shelf for a while. I wouldn't like it and I doubt Beane does either.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby schillingfan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 pm

I got him in a trade that I did very well in and figured if he turned it around I would make out like a bandit but Mulder has just been dissapointing. I dropped him the other day and someone in my 12 team league used their WW priority to pick him up.
14 Team Yahoo H2H League
schillingfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Red Sox Nation » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:55 pm

Like I said Mulder has never been a K person. Indeed, I liked him when he was in OAK with Hudson and Zito back when they made the playoffs a couple years ago. You could say back then OAK had the best starting rotation.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers