MLB Rookie/Sophomore Game??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Rookie/Sophomore Game???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MLB Rookie/Sophomore Game???

Postby NikeTxGuy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:19 am

I know the NBA has the rookie/sophomore game, slam dunk competition, leading up to the All-Star Game...

I know the MLB has the Home Run Derby, but do you think they could do a rookie/sophomore game? I think that would be interesting to watch... including rookies Uggla and Zimmermann...

However, my main concern is if there would be enough rookies/sophomores to participate mainly because most of them get sent down to the minors to develop...

But let me have your thoughts... could you see something like this happening in the future of MLB?
NikeTxGuy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:32 am

I'm pretty sure the MLB already has their version of that in the form of the Future's Game. With the HR Derby, the Celebrity Softball game and the All Star Game itself I think it would be an overkill to have another event like that. Besides I don't think there are enough good players in their first and second years to make up a whole team. NBA teams only have 12 players on a roster, which means if they're on the team they're obviously good. I don't think a directly parallel type of event can ever be implemented.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers