Worst part of fantasy baseball..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Worst part of fantasy baseball.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick the worst....

Your closer blows the save for your pitcher
10%
Your top 5 draft pick out for the season
77%
Your make a roster move in a daily league for a player benched who comes in as a pinch hitter and hits a 3 run homer
6%
Your best player goes 0-5 leaving 7 on base
7%

Total votes : 99

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:00 am

The absolute worst is giving up on a player too soon. That drives you crazy all year.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby apz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 am

Owners that don't pay attention or just don't seem to care. Out of the 12 teams in my league, there are 4 that rarely do anything. It takes a week to get a response on a trade offer, they never participate in polls, rarely make any moves; takes alot of the fun out of it for the rest of the teams.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Nat Uralice » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:10 am

in H2H when you have the 2nd best week in the league.....and it's against the team that is having the best week. Receiving a beating when you would slaughter anyone else really grinds my gears.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bucksox » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:04 pm

losing a top 5 pick is still the toughest to absorb on a fantasy team by far
bucksox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LouisC9999 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:43 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:The absolute worst is giving up on a player too soon. That drives you crazy all year.

I picked up Beltre of the FA list in his breakout year, he went 0-fer for a couple of games and I dropped him. Everyone knows what happened after that !+) !+) !+) !+)
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Big Tiex » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:12 pm

BxBombers951 wrote:i couldnt agree more howie. that is the worst thing for me. another is when ur in a head to head league and the guy your competing with for first is playing a kid who DOESNT UPDATE :-P :-P :-P

this happens to me a lot and i hate this the most.... theres not much u can do :-t :~(
Big Tiex
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnsamo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Nursing a young kid for years that you're sure is gonna be a star, finally giving up, and then he breaks out...

That happened with Beltre, I had him the two years before he had that breakout season. That was my suckiest season ever. I was scraping the barrel for a decent 3b and Beltre was just raking. Thank God I didn't trade for him though once he got hot.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:41 pm

Howie wrote:When you have to root against your favorite real life team in order for your fantasy team to do good. :-/

The one above can be a bad one, if you think of it that way... but usually I think of it like this. If I'm going to get burnt by the opposing team's player, I'd rather it be done by a Red Sox player than any other. This is the logic I use when drafting too. Unless its a no brainer, I won't draft Red Sox players. This year I don't have any Red Sox players. Its tortorous enough to see Tek strike out in a key situation... it would be double as torturous if he was on my fantasy team.

Out of the choices we were given, I have to go with the 1st round pick out for year. Maybe, even worse is when your first round pick is doing horrible. At least you can put Derek Lee on the bench, and play another 1st baseman. People who choose Teix in the 1st round are stuck playing Teix every day!
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:The absolute worst is giving up on a player too soon. That drives you crazy all year.

A few weeks back I got drunk and right before bed, I dropped Pettitte for Edmonds. I forgot all about it until I saw a competitor pick him up as a FA. I had to go back and check the drop/add list to see how I lost him. That TICKS ME OFF :~(
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby johnsamo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:44 pm

This year, I had a run where my 3 aces were just getting hammered and because I didn't have any other options, I kept putting them out there and they kept getting hammered... Just this week I FINALLY got out of last place in WHIP.

Losing Pujols sucks too...
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers