Bill Hall: 15 ding-dongs and counting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bill Hall: 15 ding-dongs and counting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bill Hall: 15 ding-dongs and counting

Postby The Big Train » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:42 pm

I don't get it. What's up with this guy? He's got as many or more HR's than some some big sluggers in fewer at-bats. Not that I expect him to continue on this pace, but is his power for real? I know his average won't be great but the extra HR's are nice. I haven't had the chance to see the guy play much up here in Canada. Anyone able to give a heads up on this him? Any Brewers fans here? What will the Brewers do when Hardy comes back?

HR/AB:

Hall 15/201

Vlad 15/237
Tejeda 15/256
ARod 13/223
Holliday 13/233
Utley 12/251
Wright 11/241
ARam 10/218
Blalock 9/237

I'm not suggessting he'll finish ahead of any of these guys or that he's a better player but it's hard not to notice. I have him and don't know what to do with him.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redefine9d » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:47 pm

I'm in the same situation, I picked him up but now with Kent coming off the DL. Hall seems like my most likely player to be dropped. Is he going to still be starting every day when Hardy comes back?
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tomdoyle3 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:52 pm

Yes, he will play pretty much every day, it just won't be shortstop everyday.

He seems to be hitting with a new approach. He has 2 less hr's than he had all of last year, and his k's have gone up. He is also walking very little. Another thing to mention is that last year he stole 18 bases but this year he has just 2.
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Smee » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:00 pm

Hall is Figgins-esque in that he has the ability to play every position on the field. I've caught quite a few Brewers games this year and he seems to be rotating around the diamond (and now the outfield) giving players a day off or matching up with certain pitchers.

His power is certainly for real, though I wouldn't expect him to continue this torrid pace. He's swinging for the fences, his slugging % is up but so are his K's. I think that 25 HR is pretty reasonable though I expect his batting average to hold steady or maybe drop a bit. I'm also waiting for him to start stealing bases...
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:12 pm

i grabbed him when lugo went on the dl and ive held onto him, if i remember right when hardy went down hall was just 1 start away from OF eligibility in yahoo.

im hoping the power keeps up, but more than anything i hope he starts to steal some more bases like he has in the past
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j24jags » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:18 pm

I love the production, there's no reason he shouldn't hit 30 HRs and 30 HRs with 2b/3b/ss/of eligibility is sick ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby seniorpaul » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:31 pm

Once Hardy comes back, Hall will resume his UberUtility role. He'll be getting starts at 2B/3B/SS/OF. Plus, i think that if the Brewers trade either Jenkins (not likely due to salary/current performance) or Carlos Lee (More likely due to future salary), Hall would see additional time in the OF. He wouldn't be an everyday OF, but would give Corey Hart or whomever they make the new starter days off.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stikmata » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:40 am

yea man... i picked him up in like week 3 or 4 when B. Roberts hit the DL... whoooo!... loving this guy!... even if some of his drives start turning into more doubles then HRs, i'm holding on to this guy... i'd only trade him if i could get Utley or Soriano (league scoring favors power)

if it isn't already, "Bill-E, Bill-E, Bill-E" is gonna be a popular chant in Millwakee
stikmata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zEli173 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:57 am

do not underestiimate the 2B/3B/SS eligibility. I have Roberts, Rollins, Mora, and Hall ... because Hall can play all three positions, I have my infield full almost everyday. It has trnaslated into so many extra games played, probably 10-15. I am not behind in games played at any of the positions Hall plays, that is a rare feat in fantasy baseball. Flexibility like that is as good as trading one of my hitters for a big upgrade.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:30 am

Redefine9d wrote:I'm in the same situation, I picked him up but now with Kent coming off the DL. Hall seems like my most likely player to be dropped. Is he going to still be starting every day when Hardy comes back?

Well hopefully he will play 3 more games in the outfield, so we can add OF to his super nice 2b, 3b, SS eligibility. ;-D ;-D He also needs to make one more start at 2b before the season is over with so he will have the exact same eligibility for next year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers