Billingsley starting Thurs or Fri! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Billingsley starting Thurs or Fri!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:22 pm

from what i've read about him, he's not supposed to be that good yet. although i could be wrong. does he deserve the hype that weaver/liriano have recieved this year?
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:30 pm

wow! alright thanks.
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bwagner112 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:56 pm

FrogStamp wrote:He's not available in Yahoo leagues yet, is he?

He will probably be available in August of 2009 on Yahoo :)
bwagner112
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cubs2238 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:18 pm

Haha, no kidding. I hate me some Yahoo. Over the last two years they have cost me Ryan Howard, Felix Hernandez, Cole Hamels, and Jared Weaver because of the jackasses in my league that hear about him on CBS Sportsline and pick him up after his first or second start depending on when Yahoo decides to add him. They really need to fix this problem b/c it is rediculous.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby testing » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:28 am

its yahoo and its free...some of this is to be expected.

ive had billingsly on my roster since the start of the season - just in the minors of my keeper team. ive been waiting for him to come out as my pitching is holding me back some. it will be nice to have him come out strong like everyone says hes likely of doing...
improving.
testing
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:39 am

testing wrote:its yahoo and its free...some of this is to be expected.

ive had billingsly on my roster since the start of the season - just in the minors of my keeper team. ive been waiting for him to come out as my pitching is holding me back some. it will be nice to have him come out strong like everyone says hes likely of doing...

It's Yahoo and it's free... except in my Yahoo Plus league, where I paid $24.95 for this BS. I don't get it. If they are going to lag and add the players to both the pay and free leagues at the same time, why not put forth the effort to get it done on time?
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Wharton93 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:35 am

What is the "lag" you speak of? The minor league pitcher hasn't been called up yet.

As for the guy whining about Felix last year...Yahoo was all over Felix and added him a day or 2 before he actually made his first start. He cleared waivers the day after he pitched.

It's true they are sluggish sometimes but let's not get too carried away. Not every fantasy owner can sit by the computer watching Rotowire and reading minor league call up notes, pressing F5 repeatedly for hours a night to refresh their browser, just to pounce on newbie MinorLeaguer_023 the instant there's a rumor that the kid might, possibly, at some date in the future, get the call up. If it takes a couple days...then it takes a couple days.
Wharton93
College Coach
College Coach

Postby checkers » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:40 am

I've been playing Yahoo's free fantasy leagues.. they never have the newly players on the waiver until they play their 1st game....

CBS never have this kinda problem.. they always have minor league players available at all time...

p.s. The Dodgers will likely call up top prospect Chad Billingsley from Triple-A Las Vegas to start on Thursday or Friday.

With Billingsley joining the rotation the Dodgers won't have to give Odalis Perez or Jae Seo another start. Billingsley is the team's top pitching prospect and should have immideate value in NL-only leagues. Jun. 13 - 9:42 am et
per roto
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Johnny Vodka » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:58 pm

well the truely annoying thing about yahoo is that they do have some minor league guys up, but never the ones you want.
Johnny Vodka
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates