Liriano Praise... more evidence of the next Johan: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Liriano Praise... more evidence of the next Johan:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:01 pm

yossarian wrote:
moochman wrote:
suppasonic wrote:
j24jags wrote:Dude Liriano is like the next Nolan Ryan

He's even better.

Liriano is the next Cole Hamels.

Now lets not go getting carried away.

The dude does seem to have much better stuff than when he was in the pen. He was getting roughed up on several occasions there. Why would he suddenly live up to his billing once he was named starter? Wierd how some guys thrive on the challenge of starting.

??!! I only remember Liriano getting roughed up on one occasion. As far as I remember, every one of his other appearences was rock solid, with good K/IP

I'm sure that he got rocked agaisnt someone right before the Tigers played the Twinkies. The Tigers roughed him up twice during the series. It will be interesting to see how well he throws against the Tigers as a starter.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomdoyle3 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:06 pm

He was fantastic in all but 2 appearances. In one appearance he gave up 5 runs in 3 innings and in another it was 2 in 0.2.

Take out those outings and he gave up 1 run in 22.1 innings with just 4 walks and 26 k's.

Remember, sometimes young pitchers experience success until batters see them a few times and adjust. Although, I think Liriano is the type of guy who will adjust right back and continue his success. ;-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:04 pm

He's making me look like a genius for drafting him in the 20th round (of 22) in my keeper league. Hope he can live up to the long term hype. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Smee » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Mugrila wrote:He's making me look like a genius for drafting him in the 20th round (of 22) in my keeper league. Hope he can live up to the long term hype. ;-D

Very impressive. In my two leagues (both of which are redrafts) he was gone by the 12th round.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby j24jags » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:20 pm

moochman wrote:
yossarian wrote:
moochman wrote:
suppasonic wrote:
j24jags wrote:Dude Liriano is like the next Nolan Ryan

He's even better.

Liriano is the next Cole Hamels.

Now lets not go getting carried away.

The dude does seem to have much better stuff than when he was in the pen. He was getting roughed up on several occasions there. Why would he suddenly live up to his billing once he was named starter? Wierd how some guys thrive on the challenge of starting.

??!! I only remember Liriano getting roughed up on one occasion. As far as I remember, every one of his other appearences was rock solid, with good K/IP

I'm sure that he got rocked agaisnt someone right before the Tigers played the Twinkies. The Tigers roughed him up twice during the series. It will be interesting to see how well he throws against the Tigers as a starter.

i couldnt decide whether or not to put a :-b after my Nolan Ryan statement because I obviously didn't mean that, but his stuff is freakin filthy. I thought the dude in front would hint at slight sarcasm
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby brandnew » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:23 pm

What are your guys's predictions for him for the rest of the year?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:28 pm

Yoda wrote:Serious though, can we give him more than 5 starts before you start comparing him to the best pitcher on the planet? Geez...

Thank you
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Hobbes » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Mugrila wrote:He's making me look like a genius for drafting him in the 20th round (of 22) in my keeper league. Hope he can live up to the long term hype. ;-D

I took him in round 17 in my keeper league and was immediately cursed by several owners who were planning to take him with their next pick. B-) :-°

I've only had two trade offers all season but both were for Liriano, even back when he was in the pen. He was just about the only untouchable on my team. I couldn't be more pleased that he's living up to the hype so far.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:45 pm

Can we say that he now has surpassed Felix as far as the hype goes or is it to close to call.I would take Liriano for the simple fact that he is a lefty
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:49 pm

Hobbes wrote:

I took him in round 17 in my keeper league and was immediately cursed by several owners who were planning to take him with their next pick. B-) :-°

I've only had two trade offers all season but both were for Liriano, even back when he was in the pen. He was just about the only untouchable on my team. I couldn't be more pleased that he's living up to the hype so far.
I traded Lance Berkman for Duke and Liriano in a dynasty league.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers