A. Boone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A. Boone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A. Boone

Postby Shermars » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:19 pm

Is it me or has A. Boone been in a major slump since being traded?
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ondeckb » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:25 pm

Yanno, he hasn't done much.....however, he is so streaky it's hard to tell. He's probably going thru the new league adjustment and hopefully will start to jell soon...........please!!! :-o
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:25 pm

that was predictable though...he went from playing half of his games in the Great American Smallpark, to playing them in Yankee Stadium with all of the pressure of New York fans on him expecting big things. He's not really as good as people think IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby IchiBalls » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:36 pm

He is as good as people think, BUT he is streaky and he switched leagues which often takes some adjustment period.

Also he hasn't hit well late in the season that last few years. Personally I don't expect much from him this year which is why I traded him to someone who thought going to the Yankees would increase his value.
IchiBalls
College Coach
College Coach

Re: A. Boone

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:11 pm

Shermars wrote:Is it me or has A. Boone been in a major slump since being traded?

He has played a total of 5 games in a new league and you are calling it a "major slump"? Give him time and he will be O.K. Any 2nd half slumps and new team jitters should be balanced by being in the Yanks lineup.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Shermars » Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:22 pm

Yes...I am calling it a major slump, even if you want to give him the fact he was traded, he is still in a slump.

Look at the numbers (Including his AB today):
3 for 19
1 RBI
0 HR
1 Run Scored
6 K
0 W
.158 BA
.158 OBP

If that is not a slump, I would like to know what your definition would be.
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:29 pm

I don't have a real time limit included in my definition of a slump but I would think that it has to be at least 10 games. I might also give him a few extra games due to getting traded to the pressure cooker known as New York.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Baseball Leftovers