Wrigley Field seats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Wrigley Field seats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wrigley Field seats

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:23 pm

Alright guys I'm looking into purchasing tickets to a Cubs game. I haev never been there and me and my wife are taking a vacation and running through Chicago and I'm looking at tickets. I'm just wondering what's the difference from say section 204 row 20 and 511 row 1 for a day game? Im assuming it's not a bad view from the row 1 seat because well it's row one but am would it be worth it to bump a few more bucks and go into the outer 200 sections?
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby statsman88 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:57 pm

If I remember right, the 200's are lower section, 3rd base side seats, which are pretty good, the 500's are probably upper rows, I haven't been there in awhile but i'm pretty sure thats how it goes :-?
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:52 am

I'd go with the upper deck seats.

I've seen Cub games from nearly every area of the ballpark. From the 1st row behind home plate to the back row of the upper deck in both the left and right field corners, and just about everywhere inbetween, and another 20 or so games from the bleachers. I was just there a couple weeks ago and got my first taste of seeing a game from the new field level seats between the visiting dugout and bullpen, and I can't recommend those seats highly enough.

I'd take first row in the upper deck over 90% of the seats in any of the 200 sections. My tickets for Game 7 of the 2003 NLCS were in 512, in the very back row (I paid a good deal more than face value, but I prefer not to dwell on that).

I try to stay away from sitting too far back in the lower section, because the support pillars can obstruct your view, but it's really only a problem if you are sitting right behind one. Having been there as much as I have, I've pretty much learned where those sections/seats are. In the 20th row, from that angle, you might get the very last pillar on that side blocking your view of the plate, but honestly, I've never sat that far back in that section of the park, so I'm not sure.

If you can grab tickets in the first 5 or 6 rows in any of the 200 sections, you shouldn't have any problems with those pillars.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:01 am

I was thinking the upper decks weren't going to be too bad of a view. Sure I'd love to dish out a couple hundred bucks to sit a little closer and have a decent view but the wife wouldn't go for that. So it was basically a choice between the upper deck and left field 200's. I was just wanting to see if there was any personal experience from anyone sitting in the UD if it was bad at all. She liked the view from the UD at the Metrodome today so I don't see how she wouldn't like these seats :-b Thanks Dude.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:38 am

Alright, I'm looking at stubhub and looking at the tix and they say they are limited view in the front row of the availible seats in sections 511, 512, and 514. Is there something I'm not knowing about? Is the LV only the railing, because if it is I'll still buy the seats.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:26 am

you might lose a little bit of view down the 3rd base line, but it won't be much. the 5s are definitely better than the row 20 204s b/c when you are underneath the uppder deck, it can get pretty loud.

The 200s in general are generally undesireable unless youa re in the 1st 5 rows. or in the corner sections. My seats are in 201 row 9 and I'm not covered by the upper deck and there are no posts to block anything.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:39 am

A couple hundred? How much are spending on those tix?

Most of the time you can show up and get gameday tickets at face value from the box office.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:06 pm

Somebody basically already said this, but let me repeat: Do not buy Terrace Reserved seats. They're the worst seats in the ballpark. If you're behind a support pillar, you're screwed, but even if not, you rarely get a good view of flyballs and have to judge based on the crowd's reaction. There are some decent seats in Terrace Reserved, but I wouldn't risk it unless you can guarantee row 1 in the section. Upper Deck is much better for watching baseball.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RugbyD » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:58 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:Somebody basically already said this, but let me repeat: Do not buy Terrace Reserved seats. They're the worst seats in the ballpark. If you're behind a support pillar, you're screwed, but even if not, you rarely get a good view of flyballs and have to judge based on the crowd's reaction. There are some decent seats in Terrace Reserved, but I wouldn't risk it unless you can guarantee row 1 in the section. Upper Deck is much better for watching baseball.

agreed.

front few rows are good. corners are decent too, so long as you'r not past row 12. (201,202,240s)
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:05 pm

RugbyD wrote:
EugeneStyles wrote:Somebody basically already said this, but let me repeat: Do not buy Terrace Reserved seats. They're the worst seats in the ballpark. If you're behind a support pillar, you're screwed, but even if not, you rarely get a good view of flyballs and have to judge based on the crowd's reaction. There are some decent seats in Terrace Reserved, but I wouldn't risk it unless you can guarantee row 1 in the section. Upper Deck is much better for watching baseball.

agreed.

front few rows are good. corners are decent too, so long as you'r not past row 12. (201,202,240s)

I've never sat up there. I think I'd rather sit at Bernie's or some other bar outside and watch the game than to be in a noce-bleed, obstructed view seat.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Return to Chicago Cubs