Myspace question. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Myspace question.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Myspace question.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:47 pm

do any of you myspace users know how to upload music to your page? i understand how to search myspace and find a song for your page. but i want to upload my own music from my itunes so i can use that music on my page. ive looked around yahoo and google but im not finding any answers. any help will be appreciated.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Re: Myspace question.

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:14 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:do any of you myspace users know how to upload music to your page? i understand how to search myspace and find a song for your page. but i want to upload my own music from my itunes so i can use that music on my page. ive looked around yahoo and google but im not finding any answers. any help will be appreciated.


You'll have to code it in your page yourself using embedding.

Try something like this and see if it works:

Code: Select all
<embed SRC="whatever the URL is.mp3" type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin"
CONTROLS="PlayButton"
VOLUME=100% WIDTH=40 HEIGHT=20></embed>


Of course, the mp3 has to be on the net somewhere...can't be local to your machine. I don't use iTunes, but I assume the music in on a server somewhere.

Oh, and you better tell me where your page is so I can add you. :-)
Image
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3455
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby Phatferd » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:52 pm

http://www.mypimpspace.com/flashmp3player/

Just follow the directions on the page and its pretty simple.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Re: Myspace question.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:53 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:do any of you myspace users know how to upload music to your page? i understand how to search myspace and find a song for your page. but i want to upload my own music from my itunes so i can use that music on my page. ive looked around yahoo and google but im not finding any answers. any help will be appreciated.


You'll have to code it in your page yourself using embedding.

Try something like this and see if it works:

Code: Select all
<embed SRC="whatever the URL is.mp3" type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin"
CONTROLS="PlayButton"
VOLUME=100% WIDTH=40 HEIGHT=20></embed>


Of course, the mp3 has to be on the net somewhere...can't be local to your machine. I don't use iTunes, but I assume the music in on a server somewhere.

Oh, and you better tell me where your page is so I can add you. :-)


ok dude ill send you a friend request. you may not want to accept if you are easily offended by the f word though, cuz it's pretty much become the theme of my page.

but when it comes to the music, it is in my machine, not anywhere online. it is a mp4 or somthing and i need to convert it to mp3, ive tried downloading a audio converter, but it doesnt look like im on the right track.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:09 pm

Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to play music on MySpace unless it can pull it from the net... :-/ I mean, there may be a way, but I don't know of it.

I have no problem with the f word...I use it all the time... :*)
Image
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3455
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:13 pm

Phatferd wrote:http://www.mypimpspace.com/flashmp3player/

Just follow the directions on the page and its pretty simple.


yea thanks for that, but what im looking to do is to actually make a music page so i can store the songs there so i and others can use the music. i want to upload music so it sits in this box;

Image

getting a little frustrating.. !+)
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:16 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to play music on MySpace unless it can pull it from the net... :-/ I mean, there may be a way, but I don't know of it.

I have no problem with the f word...I use it all the time... :*)


i just have to believe there is some, probably pretty simple, way to do this. i mean i see these damn 16 year olds all over myspace with thier pages dedicated to AFI and TI , so it's gotta be possible.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:20 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I have no problem with the f word...I use it all the time... :*)


im sure you do. you are a pirates fan after all. ;-)
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby brandnew » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:40 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to play music on MySpace unless it can pull it from the net... :-/ I mean, there may be a way, but I don't know of it.

I have no problem with the f word...I use it all the time... :*)


i just have to believe there is some, probably pretty simple, way to do this. i mean i see these damn 16 year olds all over myspace with thier pages dedicated to AFI and TI , so it's gotta be possible.


Just make a new "band/artist" account, and then upload the song as if it's your own. Then, on your normal myspace account, you can go to the new account you made and add the song to your page. Technically it's illegal because you don't have the copyrights, so if myspace finds it, they'll delete the music account. I try to just put in a random name for the artist, so it's not easily searchable.
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:43 pm

brandnew wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Yeah, I don't think you'll be able to play music on MySpace unless it can pull it from the net... :-/ I mean, there may be a way, but I don't know of it.

I have no problem with the f word...I use it all the time... :*)


i just have to believe there is some, probably pretty simple, way to do this. i mean i see these damn 16 year olds all over myspace with thier pages dedicated to AFI and TI , so it's gotta be possible.


Just make a new "band/artist" account, and then upload the song as if it's your own. Then, on your normal myspace account, you can go to the new account you made and add the song to your page. Technically it's illegal because you don't have the copyrights, so if myspace finds it, they'll delete the music account. I try to just put in a random name for the artist, so it's not easily searchable.


yea but the music files on itunes are labeled as mp4's. they need to be converted to mp3's, not sure how to do that.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact