Jeter... whats the deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jeter... whats the deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeter... whats the deal

Postby Ntjean » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:22 am

Okay, so i'm working on a deal where i give tejada and get jeter and wells...

Whats the deal with Jeter's injury? Is it serious. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT. Workin on this deal and need some inside info!!!

Please help i'll help you if you leave a link
Ntjean
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Geek » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:27 am

It's not a season-ending injury by any stretch. Nother that Jeter doesn't deal with all the time.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dave8603 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:58 pm

Right now Jeter is DHing and he's gonna be back at short when he can throw without pain which should be sometime really soon.
Dave8603
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fantasysports » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:48 pm

He's struggling a bit since coming back. He's not 100% with this thumb and they are pitching him inside a lot.

He'll be fine... since he's still hitting the ball with authority. Also, he's not used to DHing. Once he'll be back at shortstop for good, he'll start to rack up hits! Don't worry for him... he's a veteran pro all star!

;-D
fantasysports
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:57 pm

fantasysports wrote:He's struggling a bit since coming back. He's not 100% with this thumb and they are pitching him inside a lot.

He'll be fine... since he's still hitting the ball with authority. Also, he's not used to DHing. Once he'll be back at shortstop for good, he'll start to rack up hits! Don't worry for him... he's a veteran pro all star!

;-D

Hitting with authority?? How can you say that for sure when he is K'ing so often?? I agree that he will turn it around, though.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby fantasysports » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:32 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Hitting with authority?? How can you say that for sure when he is K'ing so often?? I agree that he will turn it around, though.

When he's making contact... he's hitting well.. Yesterday, had hit 2 line drives for outs.

Forst AB today... fly ball to center field... just got under... was hit with authority.

He just doubled a few minutes ago. Give him some time!
fantasysports
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:44 pm

fantasysports wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Hitting with authority?? How can you say that for sure when he is K'ing so often?? I agree that he will turn it around, though.

When he's making contact... he's hitting well.. Yesterday, had hit 2 line drives for outs.

Forst AB today... fly ball to center field... just got under... was hit with authority.

He just doubled a few minutes ago. Give him some time!

I agree that he will be fine but I am quite sure that he struck out looking on a curveball in his first AB.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fantasysports » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:01 pm

I agree that he will be fine but I am quite sure that he struck out looking on a curveball in his first AB.

Question: Is Derek Jeter the first major league baseball hitter to strikes out on a Barry Zito's curveball? :-D
fantasysports
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:05 pm

fantasysports wrote:

Question: Is Derek Jeter the first major league baseball hitter to strikes out on a Barry Zito's curveball? :-D

Not sure how it matters but no.
Lofunzo

Postby Mashug » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:53 pm

Jeter's fine. He's having a great year with more to come. He usually turns it up after the all star break. Assuming you're talking about VERNON Wells, make the trade
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates