Read Before Posting! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Read Before Posting!

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Read Before Posting!

Postby Madison » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:47 am

Welcome to our Logo Forum, where our graphical experts hang out and make custom signatures, avatars, and all kinds of cool things. :-)

While the guys are happy to help you if they can, please remember to be polite and kind to them, as they are the ones doing you a favor. They do not get paid, and they do the work voluntarily in their own free time, so make sure to be patient as well. The guys help out in here for various reasons, but at the core of it all, they are simply good guys who enjoy this type of work, so let's all show them the common courtesy and respect that they deserve.

Also, when someone creates a sig, avatar, or whatever for you, please make sure to thank them in your thread. It's a very easy thing to do, doesn't take a lot of time, and at the very least, the artist deserves a "thank you" for the work he did for you.

To our artists, it's nice to surf around the forums and see these great looking sigs/avs, so thank you very much for your hard work and effort. If you have any problems or issues, feel free to let me know. Also, if you do not have a "graphics expert" icon yet, and you feel like you've earned one, let me know and we'll discuss that too. Keep up the great work guys! ;-D
Last edited by Madison on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Read Before Posting!

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:55 am

Madison wrote:Also, if you do not have a "graphics expert" icon yet, let me know and we'll discuss that too.

:-] :-b

Anyways nice post Mad. I'd also like to add that a few people come in here and seem to think they can keep requesting the same sig over and over until they get one they like.

First of all, when someone makes you a sig, they worked hard on it, and that's disrespectful to the artist. So usually someone will say to them that they already had one made, and can't just keep asking for more until they find a good one.

The artists here are not trying to bully anyone here, but if you're going to disrespect other artists, we are going to stick up for them, and put you in your place, because as Madison mentioned, we are doing the favor for you.

We all enjoy making sigs, and take people's requests because we want to do the sig, but if you just throw it away after someone works on it, you're a waste of everyones time. So don't get angry at us for telling you off if you're doing something like this.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby the ROC » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:52 am

Madison wrote:Also, if you do not have a "graphics expert" icon yet, and you feel like you've earned one, let me know and we'll discuss that too.

:-b

good post madison, it was definitely needed lol. ;-D

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: Defending my Baseball, Football, and Hockey Fantasy Championships

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:30 pm

VERY timely post and i couldnt agree more.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:01 am

w00t.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:56 am

teddy ballgame wrote:I'd also like to add that a few people come in here and seem to think they can keep requesting the same sig over and over until they get one they like.

First of all, when someone makes you a sig, they worked hard on it, and that's disrespectful to the artist. So usually someone will say to them that they already had one made, and can't just keep asking for more until they find a good one.

The artists here are not trying to bully anyone here, but if you're going to disrespect other artists, we are going to stick up for them, and put you in your place, because as Madison mentioned, we are doing the favor for you.

We all enjoy making sigs, and take people's requests because we want to do the sig, but if you just throw it away after someone works on it, you're a waste of everyones time. So don't get angry at us for telling you off if you're doing something like this.

I wouldn't want to get off on the wrong foot yet but I think this may be a little harsh to be telling off others. I don't think that's the kind of reputation that the headhonchos want here. I mean it may not be a huge hit with the way it's growing but that one person you tell off could have meant potentially more cafe'ers. It happened earlier with someone else but I think it could have been handled differently.

I really truely think that it has gotten to some of the artists heads around here. Seriously. If someone doesn't use the sig or they don't like it, it's not your fault. There's no need to get mad about it. I can tell you that I used to do that, but I realized that I was the one that wanted to make the sig. I could have let someone else do it. Sure I've had people not use them or have had new members show up, request, and then never post again. Not my fault, but what did happen is that it gave me experience and a chance to try something new. If someone requests a sig with 5 people on it, don't say it's going to look like hell if I do it with 5. Just try it. If you don't like it, post it and see if they like it. If they don't, then ask them if they want to cut down on the number of players. I'm pretty sure that 98% of the time they'll be happy with what you made them because that's what they wanted.

I don't think because if they request a new sig a week after they got a new one they should be blacklisted right away. Personally I think they should go back and PM the person that made the original one and see if they can change it to what they want. It may not happen like that or they may not know better but we can give them a second chance. Just because you feel that someone disrespected you or someone else doesn't mean that they deserve it back.

Also to some of the new artists, don't be so fearful of rejection and don't be so hard on yourself. I don't like to see you guys fill a request and say if you don't like it you can have someone else do it. Give yourself a challenge, if he doesn't like the exact way it looks, tell him you'll try something new.

I just may as well be in the minority here but I just wanted to say this since I've been thinking about it for a while. I agreed with everything madmin said and Teddy, this is not directed at you but towards the community as a whole. So please don't think I was saying this to you since I quoted you're post.

The point of making anything if for fun and the experience. That's all I got.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:24 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
I wouldn't want to get off on the wrong foot yet but I think this may be a little harsh to be telling off others. I don't think that's the kind of reputation that the headhonchos want here. I mean it may not be a huge hit with the way it's growing but that one person you tell off could have meant potentially more cafe'ers. It happened earlier with someone else but I think it could have been handled differently.

I really truely think that it has gotten to some of the artists heads around here. Seriously. If someone doesn't use the sig or they don't like it, it's not your fault. There's no need to get mad about it. I can tell you that I used to do that, but I realized that I was the one that wanted to make the sig. I could have let someone else do it. Sure I've had people not use them or have had new members show up, request, and then never post again. Not my fault, but what did happen is that it gave me experience and a chance to try something new. If someone requests a sig with 5 people on it, don't say it's going to look like hell if I do it with 5. Just try it. If you don't like it, post it and see if they like it. If they don't, then ask them if they want to cut down on the number of players. I'm pretty sure that 98% of the time they'll be happy with what you made them because that's what they wanted.

I don't think because if they request a new sig a week after they got a new one they should be blacklisted right away. Personally I think they should go back and PM the person that made the original one and see if they can change it to what they want. It may not happen like that or they may not know better but we can give them a second chance. Just because you feel that someone disrespected you or someone else doesn't mean that they deserve it back.

Also to some of the new artists, don't be so fearful of rejection and don't be so hard on yourself. I don't like to see you guys fill a request and say if you don't like it you can have someone else do it. Give yourself a challenge, if he doesn't like the exact way it looks, tell him you'll try something new.

I just may as well be in the minority here but I just wanted to say this since I've been thinking about it for a while. I agreed with everything madmin said and Teddy, this is not directed at you but towards the community as a whole. So please don't think I was saying this to you since I quoted you're post.

i definitely see both sides of this, but i dont think anyone is coming off right away and saying if you dont like it go screw yourself. i think it was more of the initial requester coming in and DEMANDING something as if some cafe'ers were being paid to sit around and take requests from people. i dont think some people realized that cafe'ers are doing this out of their own time, and by no means and i am saying this is grueling one-sided (requesters) work. I enjoy, as do all, actually making sigs and hoping the person thinks they are great. if not, thats ok, but at least respect that i/we put the time and effort into attempting to make YOU (the requester) happy. :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:01 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:

i definitely see both sides of this, but i dont think anyone is coming off right away and saying if you dont like it go screw yourself. i think it was more of the initial requester coming in and DEMANDING something as if some cafe'ers were being paid to sit around and take requests from people. i dont think some people realized that cafe'ers are doing this out of their own time, and by no means and i am saying this is grueling one-sided (requesters) work. I enjoy, as do all, actually making sigs and hoping the person thinks they are great. if not, thats ok, but at least respect that i/we put the time and effort into attempting to make YOU (the requester) happy. :-D

Yeah, WickedSmaat I wasn't saying no one is allowed to dislike a sig they made, and you seem to be referring to some specific event which I was not referring to in my post. My point was that if someone is going to take the time to make it, then say thank you, and don't just ignore the fact that someone made you one and go ask for another. If someone asks for a sig and then gets another player or something, then that's one case, but lately there's been some people who keep requestiong sig after sig without using any of them.

I also would never try and bully people out of here with other artists, I'm just saying that if you are going to be demanding and disrespectful to someone, you will not be taken to kindly by anyone else here.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby the ROC » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:16 pm

w0rd ;-D

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: Defending my Baseball, Football, and Hockey Fantasy Championships

Postby Ra Ra » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:25 pm

dats da way ;-D
Ra Ra
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor