helton buy low?.or washed up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

helton buy low?.or washed up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby yossarian » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:57 pm

OH! This is the duck guy? C'mon man. I have Helton, and I'm really frustrated with his production so far this year (nice day today though), but I think we really are getting a little tired of the steroid accusations on ever thread about him. We get it. You think he did steroids. Thanks.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:10 pm

helton didnt do steroids.. thats just ludicrous.. the guy has a CAREER BA of 334.. roids may give you power, but they sure dont give you the kind of batting averages he was putting up.. i think the power came because of the ballpark he hits in, the 40 home run years probably would have been around 30 in any other park.. but none of it is from roids.. the only people who bring up the roids factor are the ones that have been burned by him in the past, but remember the guy is 32 years old and has some back problems.. which could be whats contributing to his power loss..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:24 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:helton didnt do steroids.. thats just ludicrous.. the guy has a CAREER BA of 334.. roids may give you power, but they sure dont give you the kind of batting averages he was putting up.. i think the power came because of the ballpark he hits in, the 40 home run years probably would have been around 30 in any other park.. but none of it is from roids.. the only people who bring up the roids factor are the ones that have been burned by him in the past, but remember the guy is 32 years old and has some back problems.. which could be whats contributing to his power loss..

you don't think roids can give you strength and bat speed, which will help BA because you could swing later and faster? You don't think more power helps you get out of the infield more often, thus more balls hit drop in?

I agree with your overall premise, but I think its a misnomer when people don't think roids help the other areas. Rodis don't give you hand eye coordination per se, but that in combination with roids and training can definitely help all facets of hitting.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm

Helton is going down hill IMO. he seems to have lots of mystery injuries
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert