helton buy low?.or washed up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

helton buy low?.or washed up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Tri State Titans » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:44 am

Steroids could be a factor. But as we have seen this week with Jason Grimsley , if you want to juice up you still can.
The Tri State Titans
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby apz » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:10 am

Washed up.
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 35)

Postby Geek » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:15 am

Batting average: Buy low.

Power: Washed up.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:25 pm

The Tri State Titans wrote:Steroids could be a factor. But as we have seen this week with Jason Grimsley , if you want to juice up you still can.

Well either Helton is not stupid enough to try to have them mailed to him or more likely, he does not have the connections/intelligence to get them from the same people Bonds and others get theirs.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:36 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
The Tri State Titans wrote:Steroids could be a factor. But as we have seen this week with Jason Grimsley , if you want to juice up you still can.

Well either Helton is not stupid enough to try to have them mailed to him or more likely, he does not have the connections/intelligence to get them from the same people Bonds and others get theirs.

So first you accuse him of steroids, and then question his intelligence.

I do wonder why you hate Helton so much. Probably got burned by him in the first half last year, traded for a scrub, and lost out on his 2nd half.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:42 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

I do wonder why you hate Helton so much. Probably got burned by him in the first half last year, traded for a scrub, and lost out on his 2nd half.

Guess again. He his a liar and a cheat imo.

And as an FYI, I owned Helton in one league last season (A keeper)...none this year as he was on my black list. The one league I did own him in I traded him, Suzuki, Pettitte, Weathers and Turnbow for Aram, Harden, Dunn, Felipe Lopez and Lidge. Which at the time was a HUGE win for me in a keeper. Though with Harden getting hurt and Lidge's various problems this year, it is not such a complete win anymore.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:17 pm

great buy low ;-D
i would still look for around 20 homers with a 320+ BA and around 100 runs and 100 rbis.. hes not washed up, batting average has nothing to do with roids.. his power yeah, dont expect much.. but he should still be a good all around player when its all said and done..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:28 pm

well I would think being stronger helps you swing the bat faster--which lets you identify the pitch a little later and still get around on it. It also helps you hit the ball with more authroity, homers aside, so that can translate to more base hits.

Roids don't give you hand eye coordination, but they can magnify the ways in which you can use it.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TurdFerguson » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:52 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Guess again. He his a liar and a cheat imo.

And as an FYI, I owned Helton in one league last season (A keeper)...none this year as he was on my black list. The one league I did own him in I traded him, Suzuki, Pettitte, Weathers and Turnbow for Aram, Harden, Dunn, Felipe Lopez and Lidge. Which at the time was a HUGE win for me in a keeper. Though with Harden getting hurt and Lidge's various problems this year, it is not such a complete win anymore.
Your statements have no substance to them.He has never tested positive.The guy was a great athlete in college(played QB at UT) and had incredible bat speed.To me it sounds like you got burned by him.Your statements are rediculous and personaly tired of opening a thread about Helton and listening to you talk s%^& about him when you have absolutely no concrete evidence on him.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Redefine9d » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:54 pm

Agreed. I haven't been the biggest Helton supporter this year, but it is getting tiring opening up every thread about him and you bashing him about steroids, especially when you constantly use the duck comparison.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers