Matt Kemp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matt Kemp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:54 am

I just posted that because it sounded like people thought I was making it up or something. Rotoworld is fast, no much else. I do like Kemp guys just not as much as I like others.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8505
(Past Year: 119)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby birdmandig » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:57 am

Kemp is "5 tools" all day........Grady believes in him
birdmandig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 411
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: High in the sky

Postby Los_Dodgers » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:59 am

I just asked Kemp to marry me. My girlfriend is definetly pissed.
Los_Dodgers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1391
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby birdmandig » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:10 am

Hey I saw him first


U challenge you to a duel!!!!!! LOL.....
birdmandig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 411
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: High in the sky

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:47 am

ravenmad22 wrote:Anyway, Kemp does lack the overall potential of Joel Guzman. Guzman projects long term for a higher average, better on base skills and power according to BP.


Not really, not sure what article you got it from BP but I am pretty sure it came before this year when he was largely underrated and Guzman overrated. I already had a fairly long and drawn out debate though with Havok about it that went nowhere. But to sum it up IMO Guzman only has more power potential, and it's not by that much.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:54 am

hybrid wrote:
ravenmad22 wrote:Anyway, Kemp does lack the overall potential of Joel Guzman. Guzman projects long term for a higher average, better on base skills and power according to BP.


Not really, not sure what article you got it from BP but I am pretty sure it came before this year when he was largely underrated and Guzman overrated. I already had a fairly long and drawn out debate though with Havok about it that went nowhere. But to sum it up IMO Guzman only has more power potential, and it's not by that much.


Hey Hybrid. I wanna ask you a qyestion real quick. Say both Kemp & Guzman max out and meet their potentials...who will have the better career???
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8505
(Past Year: 119)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:02 am

Havok1517 wrote:Hey Hybrid. I wanna ask you a qyestion real quick. Say both Kemp & Guzman max out and meet their potentials...who will have the better career???


Hm, well I thought I answered this back when we talked about them before. Anyways I like Kemp more as a prospect and I like his potential more .... so I would take Kemp. The reason why we disagree here is because you think their potential is one thing, and I think it is another.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:03 am

hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Hey Hybrid. I wanna ask you a qyestion real quick. Say both Kemp & Guzman max out and meet their potentials...who will have the better career???


Hm, well I thought I answered this back when we talked about them before. Anyways I like Kemp more as a prospect and I like his potential more .... so I would take Kemp. The reason why we disagree here is because you think their potential is one thing, and I think it is another.



hmmm...interesting

If they max out on potential I say Kemp might have Bay or Abreu potential while Guzman has Pujols or MCab potential, I'd pick the latter.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8505
(Past Year: 119)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Diggs » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:05 am

Havok1517 wrote:
hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Hey Hybrid. I wanna ask you a qyestion real quick. Say both Kemp & Guzman max out and meet their potentials...who will have the better career???


Hm, well I thought I answered this back when we talked about them before. Anyways I like Kemp more as a prospect and I like his potential more .... so I would take Kemp. The reason why we disagree here is because you think their potential is one thing, and I think it is another.



hmmm...interesting

If they max out on potential I say Kemp might have Bay or Abreu potential while Guzman has Pujols or MCab potential, I'd pick the latter.


Pujols potential? Players like that come along once or twice a decade. Joel Guzman, even if he M-A-X-S out has Albert Pujols potential?

Ok, I guess I'm done considering anything you ever say (however, after you have been sh.tting on Kemp for about 2 weeks now and quoting rotoworld as your "information source," I was done paying you any mind even before this comment. This just pushed it over the edge.)

HTH.
I am a New York Jets, New York Mets, and New York Knicks fan. I know misery like few other sports fans know ...
Diggs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 496
Joined: 9 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:56 am

LMAO @ Diggs



Its to hard to compare prospects to stars. If Kemp MAXS his potential I can see an Arod. Also before anyone slanders me this is IF he meets his maximum potential.....the guy does have all 5 tools.

I have a question for Hybrid?

You seem to be pretty savy on the upcoming players....how can a kid who hit 27 hrs and stole 23 bases not be in the top 100 prospect list...was it because he was thinking about playing basketball? Do they not have breaking pitches/off speed pitches in A or AA ball? I know its a different caliber but he seems to have hit those pitches at those levels...confused on the scrutiny(sp?) on this kid.
houstonoilers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 352
Joined: 9 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact