Lastings Milledge (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lastings Milledge (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 31, 2006 1:52 am

I expect him to be available as soon as tomorrow, with Thursday being the absolute latest. Maybe I'm giving Yahoo too much credit... :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Wed May 31, 2006 2:01 am

I agree with, Hort, i THINK it'll be tomorrow although it easily could be this weekend. :-t
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby jayman » Wed May 31, 2006 7:20 am

boooo.... yahoo's system stinks (when comes to situations like this anyway).
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:00 am

Yoda wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want Kemp or Milledge for 06... :-?

Are Kemp and Ethier splitting time in left? I'd say Milledge because he will play every day for the next month or longer. Although, Kemp would probably put up better numbers if he were playing every day. So many young guys... so few roster spots.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby GAC8666 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 am

jealousblues wrote:Will he have any real value this year?

In a fantasy baseball non keeper league this year I do not seem him haveing great value. He has the talent to be a GREAT player.. but alot fo people have talent and dont do anything. Unless yor starting an absolute scrub, you might want to pick him up. BUt if you have anyone of any worth at his position I wouldnt make any moves for him...non keeper of course! keeper im all over hiM!
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed May 31, 2006 11:33 am

Two questions for the people very familiar with Milledge:
1) Does it look like he's going to stick past the one month Nady will be out (reason being that I can't keep him as a minor leaguer if he goes over 130ab's before August 21st)?
2) Is he good enough at this point to warrant keeping him in a league where we only keep 6 major league players (14 team so the top 84 players are kept)?

I'd almost rather trade him now while the hype is high if it looks like I can't keep him as a minor leaguer. I can't see how a first full-year guy with Milledge's background is going to get into the top 84 players in overall value in 2007 but I'd be interested to see what the people more familiar with Milledge think of my situation.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 31, 2006 11:39 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:Does it look like he's going to stick past the one month Nady will be out (reason being that I can't keep him as a minor leaguer if he goes over 130ab's before August 21st)?

Tough to say. They've started the clock so there is nothing preventing them from shuttling him back and forth now. I say it entirely depends on how well Milledge does. If he is raking there is no way they send him back down.

The Loveable Losers wrote:2) Is he good enough at this point to warrant keeping him in a league where we only keep 6 major league players (14 team so the top 84 players are kept)?

No way would I rank him in the Top 84 right now so I say no. I'd try and use the prospect hype to swing a deal.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby garf112 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:Two questions for the people very familiar with Milledge:
1) Does it look like he's going to stick past the one month Nady will be out (reason being that I can't keep him as a minor leaguer if he goes over 130ab's before August 21st)?
2) Is he good enough at this point to warrant keeping him in a league where we only keep 6 major league players (14 team so the top 84 players are kept)?

I'd almost rather trade him now while the hype is high if it looks like I can't keep him as a minor leaguer. I can't see how a first full-year guy with Milledge's background is going to get into the top 84 players in overall value in 2007 but I'd be interested to see what the people more familiar with Milledge think of my situation.

IMO, the only reason he is up is because Nady is hurt. When Nady comes back, Milledge goes to AAA. Two scenarios where Milledge stays in the majors longer than expected:

1) Nady takes longer to come back from his injury than the 3-4 weeks everyone is saying.

2) The Mets trade Cliff Floyd.

He could pull a Sizemore and become one of the top 84, but his minor league numbers (and spot in the order) don't point to that.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed May 31, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks you two...that's pretty much what I was thinking looking at the minor league numbers. I made the same type of deal with Howie Kendrick earlier in the year...that one looks like it didn't work out (he ended up hitting like crap and getting sent back down) but I'd rather be wrong and get something out of the player than have the guy succeed while still on my minor league roster and end up getting 'rewarded' by not being able to keep him as a minor leaguer and at the same time have him not good enough to keep as a major leaguer.

I've got Alex Gordon on my roster too...him I would keep. Milledge? I just can't see it unless someone has some inside information about Milledge that the stats don't show.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby GAC8666 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:49 am

I like the idea of pull a trade off involving LM. Yes he is good, yes he will be good, but how long will be be till he puts up great numbers? I dont think he will do it this year or next year. And with only 6 keepers I would package him together with one of your better players and try and get a stud. But thats me, i think ppl think "prospects" are bigger fantasy players than they actually are.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers