Jon Lester - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jon Lester

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Sox Nation » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:15 pm

Kurtangletn wrote:Lester will stay, nobody really knows about Wells at the moment, I still think it could easily be his last pitch in the majors, I'm not sure he can do it anymore.

Clement may just be on the DL all year, even if he is not injured to keep the spot for Lester, if Wells comes back or Johnson is somewhat decent as the 5th starter.

Lester is the best prospect the Sox have, and he is doing what he has been doing in the minors in the majors, owning. There is no reason the sox would want to screw his morale up and send him back to Pawtucket after doing these types of starts, especially considering that he is improving with each start, his controll getting better, and overall being a smarter pitcher.

I think all he needs to learn is to go after hitters a bit more when he is ahead. Not nitpick for 2 pitches on an 0-2 count. But he is 22, and with more starts better confidence, he'll start going after them more I suppose.

Great start tonight, he was on. Nasty stuff. Mets will be a real test, lets see how he does..

I agree. He'll probably take over Wells or Clement. I don't really trust Johnson starting at #5 (or #4) but it takes up a pitcher spot and lets the pitchers have the 5 day rests. I agree, it also depends on who he's facing. Hopefully not a Pedro or Glavine. Still, I expect him to keep his awesome work up.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:30 pm

If the 5 man rotations for both Boston and the Mets hold up (not sure about Boston since they need to add in Jason Johson somewhere in there), Lester should face Pedro on the 28th.

Should be a fun challenge for him }:-)
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Nuclear29 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:If the 5 man rotations for both Boston and the Mets hold up (not sure about Boston since they need to add in Jason Johson somewhere in there), Lester should face Pedro on the 28th.

Should be a fun challenge for him }:-)

Sportsline's player page shows him going against Alay Soler.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:55 pm

I don't care who is pitching for the Mets, it's Lester vs. the Mets lineup. I'm interested to see how he does against a good hitting team. The W i'm not so concerned about.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Red Sox Nation » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:59 pm

Philliebuster wrote:I don't care who is pitching for the Mets, it's Lester vs. the Mets lineup. I'm interested to see how he does against a good hitting team. The W i'm not so concerned about.

I agree that the Mets are a great hitting team. They've got Reyes, Beltran, Delgado, and Wright in their lineup. One of the best and I won't be suprised if they make it to the W.S.

The problem with Lester is that he wasn't challenged vs Washington. He has showed some control vs ATL and WSH his past two starts but if he can post something like his game against ATL next week against the Mets, he'll be off to a great start. It doesn't matter who he faces (Soler or Pedro), despite being a Red Sox fan, I expect him to struggle (maybe a little but possibly a lot).
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dplymkr88 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:49 pm

Philliebuster wrote:His next matchup is vs the Mets, should be an interesting test.

Not really. The Mets always get killed by pitchers they haven't seen before.
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:41 am

Dplymkr88 wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:His next matchup is vs the Mets, should be an interesting test.

Wasn't the case for Mr. Janssen tonight. :-o
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dplymkr88 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:08 am

go_jays_go wrote:
Dplymkr88 wrote:

Wasn't the case for Mr. Janssen tonight. :-o

Much to my surprise, trust me.
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers