Favorite drinks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite drinks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:41 pm

Fireball Express wrote:What do you guys think of Warstiener Dark?
I was drinking that last weekend and liked it very much. ;-D


All of the Warsteiners are very good ;-D
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19542
(Past Year: 281)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:53 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:What do you guys think of Warstiener Dark?
I was drinking that last weekend and liked it very much. ;-D


Do you mean their dunkel? I haven't tried it but I love their beer, and I have a cool Warsteiner Pilsener Glass.

Image?


You learn something everyday. I just went to the Wrarsteiner web site and learned that Dunkel means Dark in German.
Yeah, that was the one! ;-D
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:55 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:What do you guys think of Warstiener Dark?
I was drinking that last weekend and liked it very much. ;-D


Do you mean their dunkel? I haven't tried it but I love their beer, and I have a cool Warsteiner Pilsener Glass.

Image?


You learn something everyday. I just went to the Wrarsteiner web site and learned that Dunkel means Dark in German.
Yeah, that was the one! ;-D


So it must be a dark lager cause it looks relatively light in color in that brown bottle
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:29 pm

Image

From their website
Warsteiner Premium Dunkel, "German for Dark" offers beer lovers incomparable taste satisfaction with its subtle spiciness, delicate aroma, and balance. What makes premium Dunkel distinctive among dark beers, is its thirst quenching, refreshingly drinkable flavor. Warsteiner Premium Dunkel is a traditional German dark brown lager. In Germany, they would refer to this style of beer as, "Dunkel". Warsteiner Premium Dunkel is described as being neither sweet nor roastily dry, with a slight spicy maltiness and a clean round finish. It has a reddish-black color which is almost opaque.
Last edited by Fireball Express on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 pm

First of all, I'll fully admit to being a beer snob. That said...

Warsteiner Dunkel is brewed in the style of the Munich Dunkel Lager. An old friend of Bavaria, Munich Dunkels are smooth, rich and complex, but without being heady or heavy. They boast brilliant ruby hues from the large amounts of Munich malts used, and these malts also lend a fuller-bodied beer. The decoction brewing process also lends much depth and richness. Bitterness is often moderate, with just enough to balance out any sweetness. Hop varieties used tend to be of the German noble varieties, like: Tetnang and Hallertau.


O:-)

Not all lagers are bad; just American Macro Lagers which are brewed with rice and corn to make them cheap and tasteless.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Coppermine wrote:First of all, I'll fully admit to being a beer snob. That said...

Warsteiner Dunkel is brewed in the style of the Munich Dunkel Lager. An old friend of Bavaria, Munich Dunkels are smooth, rich and complex, but without being heady or heavy. They boast brilliant ruby hues from the large amounts of Munich malts used, and these malts also lend a fuller-bodied beer. The decoction brewing process also lends much depth and richness. Bitterness is often moderate, with just enough to balance out any sweetness. Hop varieties used tend to be of the German noble varieties, like: Tetnang and Hallertau.


O:-)

Not all lagers are bad; just American Macro Lagers which are brewed with rice and corn to make them cheap and tasteless.


Yea american lagers are awful
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:45 pm

I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob. I just don't like to drink monkey piss. I like some real flavor in my beer. I'm drinking a Smithwicks right now and lovin' it.

I have one friend who only drinks Bud. Suprising b/c he's of Austrian descent. You'd think he'd prefer something better. Even at a Bavarian Fest he drank Bud bottles over every German beer on tap. When we hang at the Ale House he drinks Fosters b/c it's the closest beer in stock to Bud. Sad.
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:58 pm

Fireball Express wrote:I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob. I just don't like to drink monkey piss. I like some real flavor in my beer. I'm drinking a Smithwicks right now and lovin' it.

I have one friend who only drinks Bud. Suprising b/c he's of Austrian descent. You'd think he'd prefer something better. Even at a Bavarian Fest he drank Bud bottles over every German beer on tap. When we hang at the Ale House he drinks Fosters b/c it's the closest beer in stock to Bud. Sad.


Do your beer stores let you make custom packs of beer.

I try to custom make my six pack every time i go
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:04 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob. I just don't like to drink monkey piss. I like some real flavor in my beer. I'm drinking a Smithwicks right now and lovin' it.

I have one friend who only drinks Bud. Suprising b/c he's of Austrian descent. You'd think he'd prefer something better. Even at a Bavarian Fest he drank Bud bottles over every German beer on tap. When we hang at the Ale House he drinks Fosters b/c it's the closest beer in stock to Bud. Sad.


Do your beer stores let you make custom packs of beer.

I try to custom make my six pack every time i go


I have one store near me in Hagerstown, MD (you can't buy beer as less than a case in PA; have I mentioned that before?). They have the mix and match case, but it's a craft beer godsend. I go there every friday after work and if I'm not careful, I'll spend in excess of 50 bucks.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:54 am

acsguitar wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob. I just don't like to drink monkey piss. I like some real flavor in my beer. I'm drinking a Smithwicks right now and lovin' it.

I have one friend who only drinks Bud. Suprising b/c he's of Austrian descent. You'd think he'd prefer something better. Even at a Bavarian Fest he drank Bud bottles over every German beer on tap. When we hang at the Ale House he drinks Fosters b/c it's the closest beer in stock to Bud. Sad.


Do your beer stores let you make custom packs of beer.

I try to custom make my six pack every time i go


I go into 7-11 and make my own variety 6-pack all the time. The selection is often limited but that's where I got the Smithwicks.
I'm not sure if I can do that at the beer distributor though. I usually just grab a 6 of whatever I'm in the mood for.
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact