Chris Young making a run? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Young making a run?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Young making a run?

Postby futanto » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:31 am

Chris Young is on quite a run. Is this something that he can sustain or is he just playing well right now. I know he has decent stuff. What are your projections on the rest of the year for this?

Thanks!
futanto
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 583
Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby suppasonic » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:39 am

Well lets just all say that Chris Young was the chic sleeper pick for most people in the cafe. Although doing THIS well was somewhat of a surprise for me, its understandable. While he wont outpitch teammate Peavy in the long run, I think an ERA in the low 3 range with 170-190 Ks isnt out of the realm of possibility.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Postby bucksox » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:49 pm

suppasonic wrote:Well lets just all say that Chris Young was the chic sleeper pick for most people in the cafe. Although doing THIS well was somewhat of a surprise for me, its understandable. While he wont outpitch teammate Peavy in the long run, I think an ERA in the low 3 range with 170-190 Ks isnt out of the realm of possibility.

that seems like a good guess. Last nights 12K's was pretty sweet 8-o
bucksox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 540
Joined: 6 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rainman23 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:27 pm

I'm thinking the best pitching strategy would be to keep an open spot for whoever was going against the Marlins that night. Schmidt's and Young's performances against them this week didn't hurt me at all...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby converge241 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:33 pm

glad i trade pedro feliz for him a few weeks ago :)
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3191
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Postby WittyC » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:40 pm

He's still getting awfully lucky when you look at the auxillary stats. Still, I own him in almost every league I'm in, and I'm enjoying the ride. ;-D I'm in the boat of selling high on him right now, but I still like him as a keeper type in deep leagues.

Too bad the other chic Cafe pick -- Dan Cabrera -- isn't faring as well. But I still have faith! ;-D
Is there anything fluffier than a cloud?
If there is, I don't want to know about it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1096
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dillon, CO

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:02 pm

WittyC wrote:He's still getting awfully lucky when you look at the auxillary stats. Still, I own him in almost every league I'm in, and I'm enjoying the ride. ;-D I'm in the boat of selling high on him right now, but I still like him as a keeper type in deep leagues.

Too bad the other chic Cafe pick -- Dan Cabrera -- isn't faring as well. But I still have faith! ;-D

He's not really getting that lucky. There were two flyballs in Pittsburgh that were close, but other than that he's locating ridiculously right now and everything's working.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby futanto » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:11 pm

Whoops... I started this post last night envisioning him as part of the backbone of my rotation and gloating in his recent success, but today I just traded him for Liriano. :-o
futanto
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 583
Joined: 19 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:06 pm

futanto wrote:Whoops... I started this post last night envisioning him as part of the backbone of my rotation and gloating in his recent success, but today I just traded him for Liriano. :-o


That's a good trade, that should work out for you in the end
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact